• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please keep Filter > Render > Lighting Effects

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I don't really use the 3D tools in PS, the Lighting Effects is very useful and important to me. I use this to create a light on my subjects in portraits. I really hope that this tool would not be removed from future PS. 

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
8 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As per https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/3d-faq.html, Render Lighting is included in the 3D toolset that is being removed from Photoshop entirely. I would like to request an updated, non-OpenGL version of this filter to be added back into Photoshop. 

I have never used Photoshop's 3D tools but I use Render Lighting for a lot of my 2D work. I already use the Substance suite and there are no point or spot lighting controls in those programs; utilizing a third rendering program just to get a spot light effect on a flat texture is time and resource intensive, when Render Lighting gives me great and controllable results very quickly.

I have rolled back to 22.2 and will remain there, but the official advice to keep 22.2 installed alongside 23 (when released) just to use one feature seems like another waste of resources and space. It would be great to see a new version of Render Lighting updated and added back into Photoshop independently of the other 3D tools. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and 2022 versions are trash. I pay my money to get back frustration and angry. 

If I turned on "Deactivate Native Canvas," the lighting effect was grey out.

I CAN SELECT THE LIGHTING EFFECTS when I have the "Deactivate Native Canvas" on, but it does not work. The whole canvas is BLANK (See my screenshot). 

PLEASE FIX IT. DON'T JUST SAY IT IS DISCONTINUED. 

My laptop is Macbook pro 2021 M1 MAX. OS 12.2.

Photoshop version 23.2.2

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2022 Jun 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe please BRING BACK "Lighting Effects"!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2022 Jun 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please bring it back!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Sign" below that you agree that they need to bring back Lighting Effects editing feature! It's been a vital part of graphic design and photo editing. Supposed reason for removal is that since there are other 3D software photoshop doesn't need it. However, that is not true. The Lighting Effects remains there, however, it's now completely useless without the edit feature. At least for them to bring it with the workaround as it was in previous versions going forward would be great! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lighting effects has been useful for many different creatives effects, even in its first version,and it needs to be able to produce smooth results,  see: https://photoshopcafe.com/tag/lighting-effects/?order=title_asc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You make a valid point @AQUAG0N.

It may come full circle yet.

Best

mj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could it be possible to make "Lighting Effects" like the legacy "Lighting Effects", and separate it from the 3D engine? That's one of the best filters/effects in Ps.

Votes

Translate

Translate