• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Remove the 8192px limit on Save for Web

Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not allowed to save image with greater width than 8192px when saving for web. Seems like a silly arbitrary limit, imposed by Adobe. Please remove

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
111 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jaynem63277594 Do you have an issue to raise, an answer to contribute, or are you just re-opening this, 11 month old, thread to rant? You do realise that this is not Adobe support? This community forum is answered by volunteer users who use the applications day in day out.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jaynem63277594 wrote:

Adobe Support is NEVER helpful. Most times I think I know more about the software than they do. A waste of time EVERY TIME..

I see that this is your second post on these forums. I'm confused about this post, as here is your first:

1B281C83-4E2C-4ED5-AF53-A7FFFF01E2BD.jpeg

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2021 Aug 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I work on super lengthy e-commerce page designs which require slicing all sections and saving them as jpegs which can be directly used with hyperlinks. However each slice is not more than 1500px. These pages are usually 980px width and more than 25,000 px height. I didn't have any issues with exporting slices for these pages until today. Today I am not able to export the slices properly because the page height is more than 8192 px, so its automatically resizing all my slices to a smaller size to fit in the 8192 px range. I know this was an issue earlier but why is this repeating now when we have such powerful machines. Infact yesterday i exported a page with 980 x 28757 px without any issues, so this issue just happened in a day. 

Please help, as i don't want to put everything in a smaller document and then slice multiple times. And it seems like a new bug. In the screenshots you can see that the slice is 980px but in save for web window its automatically sized to 279px automatically. And i cant increase it. 

Additional issue that i would like photoshop to fix : Save For Web button is not clickable if the document size is more than 30,000 px. Please remove such limits as a lot of people might have documents which are bigger than this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not a solution but really? This goes way against web accessibility standards and is terrible design practice. Just saying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, i understand your concern, but slicing helps a lot to quickly export the sections and since we dont need to code it so this the the way we do it. 🙂 otherwise we'll have to make seperate files for different section which makes it difficult to manage. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, Save for Web has always had a limit of 8192px per side.

Export As doesn't have this limitation, but doesn't support slices. It's based around exporting layer content rather than slice content, so it would require modification of your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2021 Oct 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Theres a relatively simple-work around to this. Simply temporarily crop the image horizontally smaller to 5 panels. Then export. DONT SAVE. Undo the crop and re-crop to the other 5 panels and export. This makes the image smaller than the limit and you get to export at 100%. Quick fix, not the fastest but works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazingly, in 2021 this is still a limit. The jpeg workaround someone came up with is nice, but still doesn't work for images with multiple slices. Fortunately, Pixelmator Pro and Affinity Photo (if you're on a Mac) have no issues with arbitrary canvas limits. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2021 Dec 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This work for me, I am going crazy to find this solution to work. Still a hassel to think that this bug  Adobe dont fix for a very long time. I have attach img for anyone with this bug can solve their. This must call how to export slice from save for web with 100% quality..11.png10.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bom Dia amigos,

Vejam se conseguem em ajudar. Quando faço uma arte no Photoshop em formato carrossel com 10 lâminas e exporto para web, ele reduz as dimensões do arquivo por algum motivo e não consigo alterar as configurações (imagem em anexo) isto me trás sérios problemas, pois tenho que editar lâmina por lâmina para colocar no tamanho aceitável pelo Instagram. Já falei com o suporte mas não tive sucesso. Até um carrrosel de 07 lâminas no formato 7560 x 1080 pixels ele não reduzo, mas quando monto um arquivo fatiado com 8 lâminas ou mais ele reduz o tamanho ao exportar para web e não consigo de forma alguma mudar as dimensões. Desde já agradeço a atenção de todos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bom Dia Pedro, estou com um problema semelhante, vocie conseguir resolver? Se possível me informa por gentileza, quebrando a cabeça aqui. rs

Abraços

Ricardo Rada

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Algumas vezes preciso criar carrosséis para o Instagram, e para fazer um trabalho mais ágil e ter uma imagem contínua, monto todo o carrossel em uma única imagem, o que a faz ter um tamanho relativamente grande, utilizo então a ferramenta de fatia (slice tool) para fazer as divisões da imagem. O problema é que, no momento da exportação ("exportar para a web"), a porcentagem de tamanho da imagem acaba ficando abaixo de 100%, sendo que quanto maior a imagem, menor a porcentagem fica. Já tentei aumentá-la manualmente, mas sempre aparece uma mensagem de erro, dizendo que há um limite de tamnho para exportação. Vi que algumas pessoas estão tendo o mesmo problema, mas não encontrei solução ainda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, have you tried to use "export as" instead of "export for web"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone know about this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop. Thanks for reaching out; we're here to help.

What is the version of Photoshop and macOS that you are using? When do you see this error message? Since when is it happening? Can you please check if there are any pending updates for Photoshop on the Creative Cloud or not.

Also, check this link for detailed steps on how we can try to solve this error: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html.

Let us know if this helps.

Thanks,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save for Web has a limit of 8192 pixels on the long side, so if you enter a number larger than that, you'll get that error message.

Export As has a limit of 15000 pixels on the long side.

If you need larger dimensions than that, use Save As/Save a Copy, which is also much faster than SFW or Export with large images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depending on your needs, I suggest seeing if Save a Copy works for you.

warmly/j

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOS Monterey - Version 12.2.1

Photoshop Version 23.3.1

My workspace is 10800x1350px. I'm dividing it into parts with the "slice tool". I want to save from "save for web" section. But it limits it to 8192px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your comments. But how do I get the output in parts? The methods you mentioned give one piece.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never used slicing, but I believe it's an obsolete way of creating web pages.

@Nancy OShea can probably tell you more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workspace is 10800x1350px. I'm dividing it into parts with the "slice tool".

===========

Image slices have been obsolete on the web for more than a decade.  Nobody uses them anymore.

Why is your canvas so huge??  You're talking about an image that's more than 9 ft wide.  Nobody has devices that big.

Websites are designed to fit an average range of devices on mobile, tablet and desktops.

X-Small None <576px
Small sm ≥576px
Medium md ≥768px
Large lg ≥992px
Extra large xl ≥1200px
Extra extra large xxl ≥1400px

You should familiarize yourself with the <picture> element and src set where different images are served to different sized devices.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html_images_picture.asp

Photoshop's File > Export > Export As feature supports this approach.  Legacy Save for Web does not. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, what I wanted to do and that I realized this problem is when I made a simple carousel for Instagram and since I repeated the size of 1080 × 10 times there I realized that when saving for the web it limits the size of the image to certain pixels and my way of thinking is that if the computer can manage the size and the data I don't understand why they put a limitation.

Please remove the 8192px limit!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't understand why they put a limitation.

@oticnotar  – It probably made sense in 1998.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fiz como recomendado aqui e abaixo usei a opção "todas as fatias do usuário" e deu certo, obrigado

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This still works nearly 10 years later. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate