• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Show document tabs in fullscreen mode

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Full screen mode is one of the best features of Photoshop but I believe since CS4 or 5 it started hiding the document tabs and you can't bring them back without leaving fullscreen or with Shift F or other shortcut that I know of.

Please undo this change in the next version of Ps or make it optional.

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 02, 2011 Jun 02, 2011
Hi Brent, We've never shown tabs in full screen mode.

Are you just needing to switch documents in Full Screen Mode?

You can use Cmd + ` to cycle through open documents and Cmd + Shift + ~ to cycle in the reverse direction.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate
18 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brent, We've never shown tabs in full screen mode.

Are you just needing to switch documents in Full Screen Mode?

You can use Cmd + ` to cycle through open documents and Cmd + Shift + ~ to cycle in the reverse direction.

Does that help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Should have clarified I don't mean the full blown full screen mode. The mode is actually "Full Screen Mode with Menu Bar" which shows every panel, unlocks the free roaming canvas, but hides only the document tabs. Almost positive CS3 showed the tabs but I don't have it installed currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS3 didn't have tabs. That feature was introduced in CS4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tabs show with the Window>Application Frame turned on (on Mac). Is that maybe what you are thinking of?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Windows 7 and you're right the older PS versions didn't show tabs either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thanks for the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i work 99% of the time in full screen w/toolbar mode. i love that you've integrated a single-pane tabbed view for open files but i can't take advantage of this when in full screen mode so i have to keep switching views or tab through until i find the right open file, both of which are not exactly efficient.

i would really love to see the open file tab included in full screen w/toolbar view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2011 Jul 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i second, third and fourth this request. been wanting it for quite a while, just never spoke up before

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 04, 2011 Oct 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i fifth this one.. annoying that free roaming canvas does not show tabs.. I have lots of things opened, having to ctrl+tab to keep wandering until i find what i need is a waste of time

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2012 Apr 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add tabs to the Full Screen and Full Screen With Menu Bar views. I have many PSD files open at the same time and like to flick between them easily (I know there is a keyboard 'shortcut' to scroll through open windows but it's not the same).

I am on a 13 inch monitor so screen space is crucial. There is so much more space even on FSw/MB view.

I can't believe there are no tabs in full screen! It makes it unusable. Please fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 13, 2012 Jun 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure about earlier versions but in CS5 and on all you need to do is check Application Frame under the Window menu and... BAM!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2012 Jun 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 - vast UI improvement, but... it would be MASSIVE if you all incorporated some of LR's UI, namely the hover to reveal modules. And maybe instead of tabs a key stroke could reveal thumbnails of open docs in a HUD in the center of the screen, like Command + Tab in OSX reveal open apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any plan to implement the windows taskbar back to being viewable in full screen with menu bar mode? I used to use this all the time and still want to (CS5). I work in 3d graphics and have to work on textures and 3d models concurrently - consequently I flick between 3dsmax and photoshop almost constantly to check texture updates. Pressing F multiple times just to be able to see the taskbar is a real pain now. I've heard all the various methods you can use to get round this but there's nothing better than simply clicking a tab at the bottom of the screen to go back and forwards between apps. It NEEDS bringing back in as an option, I've been using photoshop for 15 odd years and I cannot fathom why this would get removed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 15, 2014 Jul 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any updates to this? Essentially want to be able to free roam in a full screen mode with menus yet still have the option to see all my tabs as I'm constantly going between files and need to know the names of each one before I know where I need to duplicate a layer to, etc. Becomes extremely annoying when I have to exit out of the screen mode to just see the tabs for the file names. That, or allow free roam in the standard view and I'd be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2015 Dec 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 17, 2016 Oct 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want tab in full screen mode.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm joining the choir. 
The ability to choose to have tabs shown in the two full screen modes is in my opinion the single most important interface change you could make in your next update.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

~ is not a key on keyboards in Norway. If tabs are not possible and hotkey is supposed to be the solution for switching windows, at least use the default OS key combinations, so we are able to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate