• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P : Support for ARM64, Windows on ARM

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was hoping that we could get a build of photoshop for Windows on ARM devices (ARM64). The Surface Pro X is a great little device for graphics artists, but 32 bit emulation is unstable and can crash unexpectedly as well as the issue of it requiring more battery power to run. The Pro X is not the only Windows on ARM device available (though it's by far the fastest) and the industry is expected to grow.

The device has a rather powerful GPU, responsive CPU, and highly functional speed and size RAM. It's more than capable of running photoshop even in 32 bit emulation mode and development towards it would be worth the effort.

While we can use the 32 bit photoshop executable, and ARM64 one would make a world of difference. Given the target consumer of the Surface products, I think this would be a well-enjoyed feature. While I certainly don't think it'd bring in millions of dollars of income, I do firmly believe it will at least pay for itself and make quite a few customers happy.

I know the Pro X has come out to a lukewarm reception from highly opinionated people (and I can't say I understand why), but fulfilling this request would cause nobody harm and could only make people happy. If it works out well, then it would open the door for other Adobe products to receive ARM64 builds.

Idea Released
TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

The current version of Photoshop supports Windows ARM devices: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/windows-arm-support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We definitely need this. I recall that at the Surface Pro X unveiling they announced Fresco with ARM64 support but I'm sure it was mentioned that more Creative Cloud apps would be on the way... I wonder when...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2020 Apr 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the one missing app that is stopping me from switching to windows 10 arm for some of my devices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2020 Apr 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes we definitely need this ro happen it would work very well we have seen how mich popularity the Adobe Photoshop CC iOS app got with the newer iPad Pros so doing an ARM64 version would only benefit Adobe an the creative community and also open up a door for other Adobe products to follow like Lightroom or Premier. This needs to happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2020 Oct 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 to this. Very much looking forward to having Photoshop on my Surface Pro X!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2020 Nov 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's planned without a timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2021 Nov 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The current version of Photoshop supports Windows ARM devices: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/windows-arm-support.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate