• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for grids, guides and ruler tool for Photoshop for iPad

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to have the grids and the guides in Photoshop for iPad ! I can’t work without them. Thank you !

Idea Under review
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

2.0M

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
104 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess everyone has been posting here for over 2 years asking for grids, guides and rulers. Such an important function for precise work. I would rather work on my iPad but now I cannot! Please make this happen already!!! Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2021 Aug 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get guide lines/rulers to show up on my iPad in PS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 19, 2021 Oct 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am new to photoshop.

can anyone please tell me where to access the ruler tool. I see that it's supposed to be with the eye dropper but I just can not figure out how to get to it. I'm on an iPad not computer. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2021 Oct 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There isn't a way to use grids or rulers yet. You'd think for such a successful company that they'd hear the pleas from the people in this thread, not to mention care at all about the money their losing from dissatisfied customers, and add such a simple function to their tablet app. This is an ongoing, two year old thread and still nothing? Really? The function exists on the PC app, so they know how to code it and add it to the software. They're just refusing not to at this point. Only under consideration after years of issues? Disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is such an important feature. Even if it doesn't have a snapping feature, I need the grids and guides! I'm so disappointed in Adobe for neglecting such an important, basic artist's tool. Going back and forth between the desktop and iPad programs whenever I need the grid is extremely inconvenient. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2021 Dec 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes please Adobe add the ability to use grids and snapping to photoshop. I purchased an iPad pro largely because I wanted to use photoshop - and thanks to the failure to have grid functionality it is basically useless for my purposes. Clip studio has all of this integrated in no problem and it should take hardly anything for this multi billion dollar tech company to add this basic functionality to it's flagship app on the iPad pro version. This is unacceptable and the fact that you are charged monthly subscription for something lacking this basic functionality, after several years and MANY complaints, is asinine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 12, 2021 Dec 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am cancelling my subscription to it until they implement it. Totally useless to me without.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this seriously still not part of the basic feature package? Geez.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

God... I can't believe since 2019 the Adobe Team has been incapable to add such a basic and simple feature. Is it really that hard, guys? Do you need any help? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This feature can be added even by an intern. It's unbelievable that we are still waiting for this feature since 2019. Photoshop in my brand new iPad Pro with M1 chipset and 16 GB RAM is useless.

Please remember that you already did a new version for this apple silicon architecture. it's really easy to code it, guys.

I'm losing my temper.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Almost unbelievable that they haven't added in grids. I am considering abandoning Photoshop on my Ipad and going to Procreate instead. Much cheaper price, has the grid lines. Seems like a very easy fix for Adobe to make.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, When will the gruides and rulers be added to Photoshop for iPad.

I used this in every document as I print and design to scale.

This topic has been going around for ages and with no clear direction except SOON??

I will be away from my PC for a while and it seems insane to purchase a laptop just purely for the guides function that is not avail on Photoshop for iPad.

(It makes much more sence to purchase Procreate that has all the functions and more. That will be the most affordable option but also I don't have time to learn all the new software.)

I really need the guides added. Can anyone put a timeline on this? When will this be?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern and the need for the feature. We will try to come up with something similar soon!

We are merging this thread with the ongoing feature request thread. Please hit the upvote at the top of the page to add your vote.

Link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-support-for-grids-guides-and-ruler-tool-f...

Regards.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i agree! as a college student, the rulers/guides in photoshop are muy importante !! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any update if the guides will be added?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

j'ai besoin d'une ligne de repère qui ne s'imprime pas pour marquer virtuellement le milieu d'un document.

Je sais le faire sur le logiciel mais je n'arrive pas à trouver comment faire sur l'appli...

Merci pour votre aide 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. We understand your concern, but rulers and guides are currently unavailable on the iPad version of Photoshop. We have a demand for the feature, and the product team will surely let us know when this will be added. 

This is the feature request: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-ideas/p-support-for-grids-guides-and-ruler-tool-f....

Please hit the upvote at the top of the page to add your vote.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2022 Jul 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused why a design app would need this feature requested?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's so stupid that a basic function is not available.  I had to create and layer over a grid into a new layer. At least I can align and scall things. I wish I could snap to that layer, but at least I can do a sorta workaround. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2022 Sep 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tell the Devs to checkout this to figure out how to add them, and everyone else on here you can use this in the meantime: https://www.photopea.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is it possible that you adobe is so incredibly far behind the times with creating an app that has the most basic features for iPad accessibility? Grids/rulers/snapping functions has to be some of the most basic needs for designing and and all adobe has is a vote function and they might get around to it... please make this make more sense

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guides, Rulers, ... exist in Adobe Fresco Mobile. A summer Intern could port this!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2022 Dec 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Photoshop for iPad, click on "View" in "New and upcoming features"..

5A015B0D-06C0-4D19-AA78-2F25E0C84114.jpeg

...then click "What's coming" to see what is coming to Photoshop for iPad.

37B48F6E-7CF0-401C-8443-91644CCF0B2D.jpeg

Thank you, Team Adobe!

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 22, 2022 Dec 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When will this be available?!!!!!

Votes