• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for grids, guides and ruler tool for Photoshop for iPad

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need to have the grids and the guides in Photoshop for iPad ! I can’t work without them. Thank you !

Idea Under review
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

2.0M

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 104 Replies 104
104 Comments
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a scam to force us to pay more money for the other adobe apps that offer grids and guides. Such a shame. I've always been so happy with PS. I feel I've come to the end of the road with this. I will be searching for a more useful photo editing and design tool for IOS. I am no longer a satisfied customer.

bye-bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of any other apps for IPad where we can use grids for better precision? This has to be a joke that Adobe doesn't have it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Affinity Photo is your best alternative. I'm befuddled why Adobe has abandoned Photoshop for iPad. For whatever reason, Adobe has chosen not to invest in iPad photoshop. In the last nine months, Adobe has delivered 4.1 -Select multiple layers. 4.2 - Select multiple layers and delete. 4.3 - Korean text fix. My post is not critical but factual. If your workflow requires any of "Coming to Photoshop" features then you should consider alternatives. Based on current course and speed it will take 4+ years minimum to deliver "Coming to Photoshop". If Adobe or Fan Boys disagree then reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where the [cursing removed] do you add the vote? Honestly IPad Photo Shop [cursing removed] . There is so much missing that I have to keep moving from one app to the other to get a project done. What a rip off! There's not even something as basic as a ruler for [cursing removed] sake!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 22, 2023 Feb 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Lisa28539293ph68 wrote:

Where the [cursing removed] do you add the vote?

Lisa,

The Upvote button is at the top of the page. It will change from "Upvote" to "Voted" after you vote.

janee_0-1677088463689.png

EDIT (Nov 2023): the Upvote button is now on the left instead of right and now turns blue instead of saying "voted" after you vote.

janee_0-1701188946427.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are 29th of March 2023. I just tried Photoshop iPad version again. IT SHOULD be called Photoshop VeryLite, to be gentle and not to call it its real name. 

Guidelines, rulers, smart rulers, snapping… and so much more is just not there since years.

We are in 2023, almost April, soon mid 2023. At this time, for example, Affinity Photo for iPad has it all pro features. Why should we bother with Photoshop and WAIT YEARS for basic, not talking pro features? Affinity photo costs 23,99 one time payment, while Photoshop is 10,99 monthly. Comparing both, I cannot understand why Adobe left their iPad app versions so far behind others.

So Adobe, what's your idea for a professional iPad app? Again, Why is Photoshop so far behind your competitors like Affinity? Photoshop iPad seams to be kind of a joke, it's so poorly equipped with feature from Photoshop desktop. And it looks like you, Adobe, make this purposefully. Why?

On my side, I do not think it is worth to have Photoshop (April 2023) even it was free of any charge. It is so basic that it may serve for primary school kids, but professionals should avoid it a find real serious proposition elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. I gave up my laptop and transferred over to iPad because I was under the impression Photoshop for IPad was the same as the laptop version. Well by the time I realized it wasn't... I couldn't go switch it out. So now I'm searching for new apps that will be able to take its place. I've been using Photoshop since CS5 and now I have to learn a completely new system. 

ADOBE DO BETTER ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add rulers & grids on the iPad. It feels very inefficient working without them. Thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please, add rulers and guides for Photoshop for iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2023 Apr 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been 4 or 5 years, people ask for this basic feature. I wonder if we need to wait the next 5 years for it. I know I sound sarcastic but really, on Adobe side looks like nobody listen or care. Adobe motto  “minimum effort, maximum income”? Adobe is happy. Artistes, a bit less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

+1 please!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought this is a joke that iPad PS 2023 have no ruller... Hopefully one day Apple will make better version of PS like they have done with Premiere Pro and now FCPX is killing Premiere in performance. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 26, 2023 May 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No need to wait for Apple to come up with PS killer app. Emerging all over the web, AI tools will push Photoshop into oblivion. Adobe know it, and try to save the boat, so a puny little thing like a ruler in 2023 iPad PS would need one Adobe engineer to be involved. Unfortunately for us, simple users, they require all hands on board to keep up with turning AI winds.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 04, 2023 Jun 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would buy the latest Ipad 13" pro to use with Photoshop if only there were grids and rulers available but without those tools it would be of no real use for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, I did this thinking it would perform like a laptop was sadly mistaken. --
Krystle “K.Lo” McKay
Owner of K.Lorayne Apparel LLC.

[web address removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2023 Jun 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to insist on this... This and panorama merge on Lightroom are the two reasons why I still have my PC in the dust...

I think iPads have enough RAM to perform with some grids, guides and ruler...

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2023 Jul 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe people have been asking for this basic feature for so many years without even an acknowledgement from Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 08, 2023 Sep 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This really needs to be done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2023 Sep 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

YES!! GIVE US GUIDES! I thought I was losing my mind when it didn't work on my iPad until i saw this thread 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Sep 27, 2023 Sep 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So disappointed to buy photoshop and find out there is not the ability to use guides and rulers on my iPad.  As a designer this is key. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it's gonna happen anywhere in the near future, so I'm in the process of moving to the Affinity suite for all of my 2D design stuff. It works really well on iOS. I'll also be ditching Premiere for editing. So come 2024, I'll be saving over €600 a year. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why is there still no solution for this? This is crazy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats crazy this feature doesn't exist! How are you suppose to know the scale you're working in, if you want to export particular elements in the composition. Or set anything up for actual production - I'm working on a pin design and now I have to rework everything. Is this app only suppose to be a gimmick to sell more iPads? [cursing removed] Adobe!? $60/mo for this? At least allow usb connectivity to the computer then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2024 Jan 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add grids, rulers, & guides.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 13, 2024 Jan 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is atrocious. A simple feature that is one every other version but not this? Go figure. Simplicity, but somehow takes 4+ years to do? Really disappointed with this as I need it from a variety of different aspects. Why can't it just be consistent across platforms? 

Votes

Translate

Translate