• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Support for Typekit inside Photoshop (like in Adobe Muse)

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2012 Jun 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We want it ASAP!!!

best regards.

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014
Typekit is now available inside Photoshop in CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013
As Dave mentioned earlier in this thread, this is something that's on our radar, but we can't give any specifics on an ETA. We mark ideas as "Implemented" when they become available and new versions of the product are announced:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012
Thanks for the idea! Yes, we are investigating this and several other ideas to make working with type in Photoshop easier and more seamless. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate
19 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jun 14, 2012 Jun 14, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically, i would LOVE the ability to use the fonts in the adobe typekit in photoshop, without having to pay for/buy all the individual fonts.

This would be a massive step forward for any designer who uses photoshop to design website mockups for clients.

Enabling designers/developers to work towards making pixel perfect website designs that can be transferred to the web without having to use alternate webfonts etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 29, 2012 Jun 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the idea! Yes, we are investigating this and several other ideas to make working with type in Photoshop easier and more seamless. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Sep 17, 2012 Sep 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Three months later ... what's the status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2012 Sep 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We need a way to select from the TypeKit library of fonts in such a way that would enable us to preview font styles and font selections - and in turn sell design ideas for web sites and mobile applications to our clients - so that we can be clear on how our end product will look.

There is a plugin out there already that was put out by Extensis - Suitcase Fusion - that enables the users to preview fonts from WebInk and the Google font library. This is great, however, the library of fonts isn't nearly as good as TypeKit.

I feel that TypeKit - and by association - Adobe, is behind in the game on this one. They should be leading the way from a design and technology stand point. I'm tired of having clients say the fonts don't look the same on the actual site as they did in the comps they approved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 24, 2012 Sep 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news?

So, bad news.

Please, we still waiting for a solution from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2012 Oct 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need some news on this one, folks, I have a client I'd like to use some typekit fonts with, they will need to see them in a mock-up first, though...

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 15, 2012 Nov 15, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use typkit fonts in a photoshop mock up?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there any plans for including fonts inside cs6 ps illustrator etc ? I think a good idea falls flat without the ability to try the fonts in your design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 28, 2012 Nov 28, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto that. We all need to get on Adobe's Twitter and Facebook feed and ask for a Photoshop plugin. They should be innovating, not following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Status?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No news in this regard? Surprised it takes 6 months to "investigate" something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2013 Jan 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would take more than 6 months to implement such a feature, much less test it. When there is news, we'll tell you about it. Until then: we've heard the request.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2013 Jan 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sensing your frustration. However the way in which you are choosing to represent Adobe (via your reply) comes across condescending and a bit arrogant (which may be your personality - I really don't care), but i don't believe it to be the outward facing voice Adobe would like to portray (correct me if I'm wrong). Your actions (reactions, interactions) impact peoples perception of the brand - and to digress - I find quite distasteful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't say that they had to have it done in 6 months. I was frustrated that an employee responded 6 months ago, and despite multiple questions on progress of "investigation" (not implementation necessarily), an employee had not responded. Transparency is a part of a good user experience and a successful brand perception.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed with Dustin. We're customers and shouldn't be ignored. I'd actually pay for a plugin if it existed. It's just lame that Adobe can't font-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Dave mentioned earlier in this thread, this is something that's on our radar, but we can't give any specifics on an ETA. We mark ideas as "Implemented" when they become available and new versions of the product are announced:

http://feedback.photoshop.com/photosh...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You aren't being ignored. But something like this doesn't happen quickly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2013 Jun 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Soon, It's been announced and showcased during the MAX Keynote, so it's definitively being worked on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Typekit is now available inside Photoshop in CC 2014.

Votes

Translate

Translate