Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pen Tool - Real Estate Photography

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Photoshop mainly for real estate photography. One of the biggest things I need to do is "window pull", to gove a clear view of the outside.

On desktop, I simply select the are with the Pen Tool.

I would love to do that on iPad though. I tried all the available selection tools, but I'm unable to select the area I need selected. Is it because I lack the skill, or is it simply not possible?

In the Feature Request, there are 562 votes for the Pen Tool (the forth most requested feature), but Adobe is simply ignoring it...?

I need to select the window/window frame. If you could point me to the right direction, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you so much!

Daniel

Idea No status
TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @daniel_IV An example of the image you are describing would help. Offhand the iPad version is lacking in precise selection tools for straight edges, like window frames. You could try to mask out the area with a brush tool.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/select-mask-on-ipad.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Feature Request, there are 562 votes for the Pen Tool (the forth most requested feature), but Adobe is simply ignoring it...?

By @daniel_IV

Knowing the conscientious staff on the production team, I would be surprised if they were ignoring it. It's more likely that they do not have it working correctly yet. (I am a volunteer who does not work for Adobe and these are my own thoughts.)

One idea is to draw a Marquee...

janee_0-1682972844066.png

...then skew it (or distort or use perspective) ...

janee_1-1682973028782.png

...and finally add a layer mask.

janee_2-1682973223523.png

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Jane.

The Marquee tool would not work, since often there are all kind of trims around the window, or a couch or a chair gets in the view - much more precise selection is needed. But thank you for the suggestion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your reply, Kevin.

I tried that, and that was actually the best result I was able to get - unfortunately, I'm not able to achieve the precision I need.

Votes

Translate

Translate