Would love to have a perspective drawing tool for Photoshop

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Community Expert ,
Sep 23, 2022 Sep 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, are you aware that there is a semi-hidden way to do it in Photoshop?

Create a blank layer, invoque Filter>Vanishing Point.

Draw your perspective grids, tweak the grid size.

In this filter, there is a menu next to the move tool, select render grid to Photoshop.

click Ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CoreyArt26165972jfnk 

You might like using Adobe Illustrator for drawing. Every document has a perspective grid. All you have to do is view it and adjust it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/perspective-drawing.html

Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am aware of illustrator and vanishing point filter in photoshop but Would love to have a perspective Drawing feature in Photoshop using the photoshop raster brushes to draw. Currently photoshop does not have anything like this natively, but would be greatly beneficial to those who work on backgrounds. Its a staple on most ipad drawing apps, and as we know photoshop is the standard for all drawing apps, it would be greatly beneficial to see it. I hope adobe can consider it, as they had when they implimented the symmetry drawing ability. This would be a natural extension of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature you are talking about is available via a third party app called Lazy Nezumi! https://lazynezumi.com/ 
You can make the software attach to your canvas and voila! I use it often when making architecture! The tool is Called Ruler
https://giant.gfycat.com/PepperyRealisticBilby.webm 

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello so I am aware of Lazy Nizumi as well I think its a cool app and should mention it's a windows exclusive app so our friends on mac can't use it. More so it can be a bit difficult atleast in my own opinion to use in comparison to other tools for creating and manipulating a perspective grid. Having said that everything else in it is great. It especially has a great feature for smoothing lines before photoshop added this natively, I used to use it for that many years ago. Also because Lazy Nizumi perspective is not imbeded into the psd file your perspective grid has to be reset everytime you open the file, and its hard to snap consistently the exact same way to your canvas everytime, especially when zooming around I had problems. Though the creator did a great job at atleast trying to solve the problem I must say. Overall I love the fact that this tool is being used  though because it shows a point that there is a place and want for a perspective grid drawing feature implimented natively inside photoshop for architects, designers, and artist of all kinds. For someone like myself who works in film/games designing backgrounds it would be a huge help. When they added symmetrical drawing it was amazing, and a feature a lot of artist were grateful to have, and a perspective grid drawing tool would be a natural next step to bring popular features found on ipad into a professional desktop environment that help us do our jobs easier day to day. Just my own opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate