• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Ability to run on a Google Chromebook - Chrome OS

LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love using Chrome OS also Like to edit my photos. Do not know what product I can use. Please help.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2013 Feb 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop cannot run natively on a Chromebook.

There is a test underway to enable Photoshop to work via remote streaming on a Chromebook, but it is a limited test at this time. Details here: https://edex.adobe.com/projectphotoshopstreaming

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 05, 2014 Aug 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so frustrated. I used Picasa for years and it was enough for me, but now it's changed and I can't email pictures from it any more. My computer is a mess so I'm using my Chromebook exclusively, but Google's Photo is so CLUNKY and LIMITED. I can't email from it, and I don't want to place everything on Google+ because so many people don't want to sign on. Do you have anything I can use?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2015 Aug 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 28, 2016 Mar 28, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im really into editing photos and heard how great photoshop is, but have a chromebook and I do not have the chance to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that the Adobe team should work on releasing Photoshop CC 2018/2019 on Chrome OS. The Pixel Slate as well as many Chromebooks could benefit from having Photoshop as an available application. For photoshop/lightroom users who don't want the mobile apps with all of their limitations--we can only use tablets and laptops with Windows or Mac OS. It would be nice to be able to use our favorite Adobe applications on Chrome OS without having to use some cross platform solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2019 Jun 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are a Google for Education reference school school so most departments use Google Chromebooks. The area we are struggling to help move towards the "cloud" is Visual Media as they need Photoshop to run the course but this does not work on Chromebooks. Are there any plans for this in the future ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm studying design and im trying to learn photoshop but Adobe is not available for my chromebook, is a really shame that a big company like Adobe does not improve in this. how can be possible that is just compatible for windows and mac. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem stems from the fact that the Chrome OS is not a 'fully fledged' operating system, in reality its little more than a remote access protocol for connecting to remote services. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 06, 2020 Jul 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am the IT manager at a public secondary school and we would love to see Adobe Photoshop come to ChromeOS for our students. The android apps are great, but designed for tablets and mobiles. Our students need access to a modern and sophisticated photo editing tool for Chromebooks. There is nothing like Photoshop in the market and with G Suite for Education's growing influence around the world, Adobe can corner this market!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are their plans to create a dedicated chrome OS version of Photoshop package as Chromebooks have taken off in the last year or 2 and are now 2nd most popular operating system at the moment their is not true photo / video software for Chromebooks apart from watered down android apps or Snapseed 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is one reason why Chrome is a poor choice for a lot of users.

Votes

Translate

Translate