• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Handtool in Layer palette

LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, In After Effects you can use the hand tool (and the shortcut with Space Bar) to navigate quickly through the timeline. I would love if you could do the same in the layers palette in Photoshop. For Wacom users it would be amazing not always to have to click on the scroll bar to find your layer, especially on a smaller screen. Thanks for considering it, Michael Heins
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Michael on this! That would speed-up my workflow incredibly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to suggest this myself but I'm happy to find out that I'm not the only one thinking this.

Additionally, I would suggest allowing the same functionality in all of the scrollable panels. Brushes, history, library etc.

I have the handtool on one of my wacom pen buttons, so this functionality would greatly improve my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there.
Wouldn't it be great if we could scroll layers by holding down space and switching to the hand tool? (Like you scroll images in PS). (Just like in AE)

Then i would not have to look for that small scrollbar in OSX :)

// Poul G

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work using a drawing tablet a lot of the time, and often find myself annoyed by the little scroll bar thumb in the layers panel.

For lack of a mousewheel on my stylus, being able to both use the middle-mouse click to enable auto-scroll and holding down space to be able to grab and drag in order to scroll would be helpful additions to how you're able to scroll through panels in PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey, Photoshop team, plaese add this very usefull feature. It would be great. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate