• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop Mobile: A pencil brush, and the ability to preview the brush size while drawing (like in procreate)

LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really useful while masking and when drawing with large pressure brushes
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
13 Comments
LEGEND ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just logged in to request a pencil brush as well. I use Photoshop for pixel art creation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. I know they said Photoshop would be starting with only basic features, but you would think that a standard, generic pencil and a brush outline while drawing would qualify as "basic". They've been in desktop PS since 1994.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pixel artist here. Need a pencil tool and eraser or this app is useless to me. Sad. I’ve been waiting for Photoshop since I bought this iPad Pro a year ago because they announced “full” photoshop for ipad. This came out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 10, 2019 Nov 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat. It does look like brush enhancements are coming in the next build. In the meantime I'm using Photoshop via macOS Catalina Sidecar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2019 Dec 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When do we gonna get the pencil brush in photoshop for ipad please? It's a very basic fonctionnality but it's not included in the app, why? It's super important for artist who want to be able to do pixel perfect illustrations or pixel art.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Dec 09, 2019 Dec 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could get a hard pencil as a drawing tool.The hardest  I can get is not hard enough, there is always this slight blur at the edge of the line. In standard Photoshop, you can get a regular pencil with no blur at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im a professional concept artist but im going to refrain from asking about the heavier missing features in the app such as smudge, brushes, etc.

I would however like to see the pencil tool for pixel art which I like to do in my spare time. I can't imagine this would be the hardest tool to impliment? It would be a great edition if possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Visible brush size while editing please. Same as desktop, would be glorious

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 05, 2020 Feb 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2020 Feb 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please add the brush outline option to Photoshop Mobile.  I'm loving Photoshop on the iPad, but I'm constantly changing brush types and sizes, and seeing the brush shape/outline is a necessary part of my workflow.  This along with custom brush pallet and rotate page are the biggest tools I'm missing in Photoshop Mobile.

Thanks to the Adobe team for making Photoshop Mobile.  It allows me to more readily bring my work flow into the conference room, couch and coffee shop.  I'm anxious for more updates!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2020 Feb 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Up this too. Especially regarding Photoshop iPad. My actual brush size is a total guess. Maybe I draw with to soft pressure (been using Wacom for 20 years). In the end I find myself having a way to big brush even drawing at max 4 times smaller size. Maybe this is due to a different sensitivity that I have to be acustomated to. But brush size while editing is a Must.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Me too!

Votes

Translate

Translate