• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Option to disable zoom to layer

LEGEND ,
Feb 21, 2020 Feb 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please please please please have the option to disable the alt+click 'zoom to layer content' function?
I see absolutely no use for it, and it is really really damaging my work-flow. I use layer masks all the time, and when I accidentally click just next to my mask, my whole document zooms and bounces all over the place. I have no time for it.
Please let me just tick a box in preferences to turn it off.
Thank you!
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personally I don’t find it that disruptive but I agree that being able to turn it off might be beneficial. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeh, I completely understand that it wont' disrupt everyone. It could just be the way I work, but just the option would be great 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was about to start a new subject!
Oh boy, Me too!
I'm a working professional with illustration and product retouch workflows - the keyboard shortcuts for working with layer masks - adding, combining, subtracting are key to 50% of all my time and unexpectedly zooming without recourse is a huge pain-in-the-@ss! I can imagine new users without a lot of history enjoying that feature - especially on the iPad version, but established Pros need options!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any update on this?

I've started using PS CC 2019 again, because of the assorted issues of the newer versions…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree and it drives me crazy too. The hit box for this behavior always gets triggered unintentionally. A lot of us use clipping layers all the time and it's really frustrating when suddenly your canvas accidentally jumps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree 100%. I like the idea of the feature, but the implementation really annoys me. I don't understand why they choose the alt key.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Feb 03, 2023 Feb 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Still no update? I'd *really* apreciate an option to turn this off.

And while you're at it, also give me the option where ctrl+Opt+click outside the canvas still allows me to resize my brush, instead of bringing up this useless dialog:

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 10.05.36.png

I literally *never* want to change this color on the fly.

Votes

Translate

Translate