• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

P: Please add the ability for Command-J to dupe layers and layer groups

Participant ,
Mar 29, 2011 Mar 29, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Command-J duplicates the entire current layer, or a portion of the current layer, if there’s a selection. It’s a great feature, and one I use daily.

For some strange reason, Command-J doesn’t do anything when there’s two layers or a layer group selected. Why? I realise there’s probably a decent technical reason for this, but a context sensitive “just dupe it” command would be really handy, even if it’s actually several different methods behind the scenes.

Is now a good time to mention that the Layer menu already contains an item that does most of these things, but it doesn’t have a keyboard shortcut by default? Pre-emptive strike: Assigning a keyboard shortcut wouldn’t help, as the menu item doesn’t duplicate selections within a layer (Command-J does).

Image is not available

Idea Released
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012
This is implemented in Photoshop CS6. Cmd/Ctrl + J duplicates multiple selected layers as well as layer groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate
53 Comments
Contributor ,
Feb 17, 2012 Feb 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no no, sorry, i just saw the under consideration and the work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2012 Apr 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is implemented in Photoshop CS6. Cmd/Ctrl + J duplicates multiple selected layers as well as layer groups.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2016 May 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
This was implement before CS6. I set shortcut for duplicate dialog. Using this shortcut with "CTRL + ALT + SHIFT" modificators doesn't shows dialog. I used it in CS5 a lot 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate