• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Preference to set default Document Size unit type in Image Size dialog in CS6

LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2013 Jan 28, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting sick of constantly changing the unit type from inches to centimetres in the Image Size dialog window. Every time I open Image Size dialog, it's reverted back to inches (if my rulers are set to pixels).

Screen20Shot202013012820at2019-7e402cef-a0ba-4dc4-b7e9-d484db8ed669-270682430.pngScreen20Shot202013012820at2019-7e402cef-a0ba-4dc4-b7e9-d484db8ed669-270682430.png

P.S. Also getting sick of photoshop.com and adobe.com not saving the cookie/session — I have to log in every time after I close a browser window or even a tab (happens in all browsers).

If you guys require proper web coders, just let me know — I'll recommend a couple dozen for you.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
10 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried setting Units to Centimeters in your Preferences for "Units and Rulers"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. As I said, it happens when Rulers are set to pixels. Whether in the Preferences or by right-clicking on the rulers.

Document Size units correspond to Ruler units. And because Document Size can't be in pixels, it reverts to inches.

Would be nice to have a separate preference for default Document Size unit type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. As I said, it happens when Rulers are set to pixels. Whether in the Preferences or by right-clicking on the rulers.

Document Size units correspond to Ruler units. And because Document Size can't be in pixels, it reverts to inches.

Would be nice to have a separate preference for default Document Size unit type for such case. Also, previous versions of Photoshop remembered what you choose for Document Size unit type in Image Size dialog per working document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gotcha. Although, I'm not seeing the behavior where a previous version of Photoshop would remember the Document Size units per document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2014 Jun 08, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem -- I have set my ruler unit preferences to pixels, but whenever I create a new image file, the dimensions are shown in inches. I am running Photoshop CC version 14.1.2 x64 on a Windows 7 laptop.

Is there a fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2014 Oct 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem as Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2016 Feb 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rulers have been screwed up in the last 3 versions at least! I like mine in inches, but it keeps reverting to pixels no matter what I do. Adobe support has not been helpful at all. They keep saying an update will fix it, but I keep everything up-to-the-minute and this has been a persistent problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018 same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you open a new image, the default size is inches. Who works in inches and not pixels? Furthermore, there's no way to open a Photoshop "default" size image (or that option is somewhere not easily found).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Mar 19, 2021 Mar 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why hasn't the Image Size panel been assigned an option to set the unit default.  I'd like it to be Pixels all of the time.  Currently it always resets to Inches.  Adjusting Ruler units in Preferences does nothing to help this situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate