• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Printing Artboards on separate pages

LEGEND ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We do multiple web banners and love to create all the different sizes on there own artboard in the same file for consistency, the ease of coping elements from one size to another is great, This is one of Photoshops best updates in a long time. BUT REALLY, are we the only one that thinks having to create a PDF, open another program just to print them on there own pages is totally ridicules. Photoshop learn from Illustrator! They have been doing this forever. I want to create the artwork and then print and move on, you are making more work instead of helping reduce time and work load. Why in the world would you not allow the artboards to print individually? So instead of creating the artwork, print, approved and final files export, I have to jump through more hoops to get the job done. POOR thinking on your part.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
15 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2017 Feb 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have started using artboards just recently and I am struggling with the same thing. Is there/will there be any solution for this?
Best,
Janne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2017 Mar 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fully supported.  It is very strange that printng separate artboards has not been included from the start.  Please, Adobe: add add this in the next update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has there been any movement on this? I find the lack of option to do this very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Mentor ,
Oct 03, 2017 Oct 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't believe they intended for artboards to be used for anything other than web/mobile, so being able to print artboards as pages will probably never happen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 08, 2017 Oct 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this would be incredible. I do not use artboards  for this reason. I am a designer and I only use photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2018 Mar 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree with this.  I love being able to use artboards in my designs. But having to take extra steps to make them printable is frustrating. Please Photoshop coders.. make this a priority on your next update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2018 Mar 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even just working with web and mobile, I work for a company and I'm often asked to present my work printed just to check some features with the team and make notes ... being able to print artboards is a must!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 24, 2018 Apr 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems to work if you save the document. You get the option to save each artboard as its own image. Then you print that handful of images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2018 Jun 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to File > Export > artboards to files or Artboards to PDF you can convert the dartboards into a multi page document or individual files. Recently discovered this while trying to print a book I made in photoshop. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2019 Sep 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For test printing I found that it's such a pain to save over and over.... So in this case when you hide unwanted artboards in layers panel, it will only print the shown artboard(s)!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2022 Dec 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks a lot

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You help a brother

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 31, 2023 May 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

happy to reach here in 2023 ☺ The feature to print separately is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where? I don't see it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2023 Sep 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you a lot for this tip, unfortunately, it won't give me much control over the export itself. I need X3... yes yes I know it would be in InDesign... but well the plan was different at the beginning 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate