• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Provide discount for disabled customers and senior citizens

LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like student and teachers do a disable or senior citizen get the discount or they have to pay the full price. I have downloaded the free 30 days version and can not pay the full price when it will ask to buy it. Looking for discount.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015
Hi Jamil,

Do you just need Photoshop (and/or Lightroom)? Or do you need the entire Creative Cloud complete (all the applications)?

For the former, Creative Cloud Photography plan, $9.99/mo is the rock bottom price for all customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
21 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2015 Sep 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jamil,

Do you just need Photoshop (and/or Lightroom)? Or do you need the entire Creative Cloud complete (all the applications)?

For the former, Creative Cloud Photography plan, $9.99/mo is the rock bottom price for all customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a discount price for all apps for disabled? As you probably know, I will never need all. There are only a couple of others that I would love to use (Dreamweaver...) other than Photoshop and Lightroom. I am NOT using for profit, just recreational. I am disabled now after a car accident on my way home from Software Consulting job. I am now 100% disabled and just want to stimulate my brain but cannot afford nor justify much over the $9.99 for CC Photography plan. I do like that price and want to pay something, for sure. Retail is just more than I can justify. There are many other comments on your site from others in my same or similar position (I am a veteran, but not a senior citizen quite yet). This seems to be an income stream being ignored. Can you assist in anyway?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2016 Aug 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ASK!

I want Adobe to fairly prIce Dreamweaver and Photoshop for my disability.
I am a disabled person.
This means I cannot attend work and school.
I must rest at home as much as I can.
My income is subsistence and I cannot afford Dreamweaver and Photoshop street.
I can afford Dreamweaver and Photoshop student.
I want Adobe to fairly price Dreamweaver and Photoshop for my disability.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should add a business category of: Retired Senior!

You are missing out on a HUGE group of Adobe users by ignoring the burgeoning senior retired community!

One thing we share, is no Industry affiliation (any more) and a limited budget!

Why don't you offer a 'Senior Discount' for those of us that use your products for family photos, etc.? This is a huge niche of people that have always used your products before retiring and you are ignoring us!

At least add it to your list of Industries so that you can assess our size?

Also, I'm adding this suggestion to your Photoshop area because your feedback form doesn't have a category for your new Creative Cloud?? You should add this to the feedback form, too!

I think you will find that many of your most experienced users and promoters are (or soon will be) retired seniors. Ignore us at your own risk!

I've joined Creative Cloud for $20 a month for the first year because I own and use Photoshop CS6 (I've actually been a Photoshop User since v3) but I can tell you that when this 1-year discount expires, I will not be able to afford the $50 a month pricing. I don't make a dime with your products but I know my works have interested many who have seen them, to purchase your software!

Think about it? Please.

Us 'baby boomers' are retiring in unprecedented numbers! Don't miss out on this huge opportunity!

Many of us have used your software in our businesses for decades. You don't want to loose all of our expertise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to add my voice to this idea. I owned Master Collection to use for work and personal projects, and now I can afford the Photoshop & Lightroom subscription, but not the rest. A pick and choose approach rather than the huge bundles now on offer would be good, but just giving seniors a discount would mean a lot to a great many people living on fixed incomes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 07, 2018 Apr 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found this discussion clicking link in other topic. Problem I find in these posts is not mine as I'm not aged yet, but I may guess why there is discount for students and teachers while not for disabled and senior customers. Shortly saying, it's all about money.

Investing in students who don't earn much yet, makes they're going to learn Adobe products instead of looking alternatives, so when they are finally on their own they're going to use them still and pay more money for being alredy familiar with instead of getting to know something different from basis again.

It is similary with teachers. If there are Adobe products in schools then young people are going to buy same programs they need to practise class exercises on. Additionally it's more likely they will continue their work with Adobe stuff than spending money for some other kind of programs that do the same.

What disabled persons and seniors can give back? Someone disabled, but with abiility to work is like regular customer so may afford to pay like all others, but those who do it for their personal use while want discount will not increase Adobe income in future. Seniors will die in 5 - 15 years, so again their lives are not important for company which point is to earn money, or at least get something back in long-term future period letting earlier some gorups of users - like students and teachers - pay less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. Adobe should consider giving Seniors a major discount. I am sure there are many like myself who have used...and paid for... Adobe products for 25 years+. As a professional designer I am mostly retired but now devote my talents pro bono for Community Service projects,Historical Society, flyers funeral booklets for folks who need them and any way to give back using my skills. And I am confident there are many like myself who do the same. Surely this could be taken into consideration for special pricing for those of us over 65.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2018 Apr 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe can well afford to extend Seniors a discount. I've spread the word about the entire suite of Adobe tools for ever 25 years which is good for Adobe in the long run whether I'm retired or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 13, 2018 May 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe would do well to suport me with a retired senoirs' discount. I am retired from my university teaching position, but still tutor individual students. I have a teenager at home who will be a student at university soon. In my position I am networked and have the authority to shape other people's attitudes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For 20 years I was a fully licensed professional user of CS, from early days to the last CS edition. Over the decades I have paid many thousands of Euros for my CS software licenses, and have used the full suite. Now, however, I am retired on a modest pension. I wish to continue using Photoshop for my home photographs, but I cannot afford the CC fees. However, since my Mac Pro running Mac OS High Sierra is going all 64 bit I cannot continue to use my old licensed software, that is now legacy software. I must upgrade. An alternative to Photoshop is GIMP but I would prefer to remain with Photoshop. I recommend that Adobe make a low cost single-user subscription available for retired professionals. It would be simple to acquire proof of age and pension entitlement, after which the single user could remain authenticated in the system. I hope to hear a positive response from Adobe to this suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was one of your earliest users of Adobe products. In fact, in the late 80s, I was the one that researched and chose Adobe for our graphic design company when it chose the forward move into desktop publishing. Now retired, I use Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign for designing my paintings and sculpture. I can no longer afford what a full time salary would have allowed. I'm too old to be naive, but would hope Adobe could offer us a reward for our loyalty at a time when we no longer use it for corporate work with the profits to go with it. I've even started to dread upgrading my Mac OS for fear of not being able to use CS6. CC worried me from the day it was begun.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I worked in graphic arts for 30 years. Worked with Pagemaker through InDesign 2019 and Photoshop since Photoshop 2 and the earliest Illustrators all through 2019 when I retired. Now I can't anymore and can't afford them.I was with Adobe from the beginning, now I'm out. Give seniors a break

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Feb 09, 2020 Feb 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm a retired photographer, age 70. I still shoot for my own pleasure but mostly I'm building out my website from my photo archives. I started using Adobe Photoshop in the 80's, then got into PageMill, GoLive and DreamWeaver plus Lightroom. Along the way I promoted Adobe products quite  bit too. In other words, I was a loyal user for many years and paid quite a bit to Adobe. Now I would like to use DreamWeaver along with the Lightroom/Photoshop package but for my light, personal use the current monthly rate is unreasonable and unaffordable. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2020 Mar 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I purchased CS5 and it no longer works on my Mac, I feel I should get a discount on PhotoShop. I'm  disabled senior and only use in to touch up and ad shades of gray to the single-frame comics I draw freehand. I scan them and then open with Photoshop. No other app I've tried  allows me to do what I need to do so well. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I draw single frame cartoons (new yorker style), scan them and then use PS to enlarge and clean up the image. Then I use the select tool to fill areas with shades of gray. That's pretty much it. My CS5 version for Mac that I bought did the job but stopped working then I updated the OS. Now I have no income and can't afford to buy what I had.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 27, 2020 Mar 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been an Photoshop and Illustrator user since version 1.0.
I bought my laptop PC in 2010 and my version of Photoshop is 5.5 which i bought in '99 or so....  i used it on my last Mac which was a 2005 laptop because I had CDs for both mac and pc and as such have used it on my work PCs and that 2010 PC.  I am terrified that my PC will die and I will have to switch to a photoshop rental.  I only use it for photo touch up for personal use, and i use it to make silly montages of Trump or whatever... very simplistic needs.  I am 70 and when my Toshiba dies, i guess that's when my hobby will die unless Adobe develops a set of poverty balls... definition= money is not the only goal.
Dear Adobe: Offer a version that has most of the features akin to the old CD versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree. Those of us taking up the Adobe way in the last century and sticking with it for decades should be rewarded for our loyalty and frankly for getting this far through watergate, aids, a couple of wars, Y2K, the Great Recession and a pandemic or two.

Wadda ya say Adobe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to add a voice here as a disabled pensioner, adobe should consider giving all pensioners whether age, disability, veteran etc the same discounts as students get or better.  they are missing out on a massive influential audience of people that could teach and share and spread the love if they were not priced out of using  the adobe products .  

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Nov 24, 2020 Nov 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I owned your products for almost a decade I see ads for cracked software but am loyal to your company.i download a free month trial to Dreamweaver and after it ended none of my old software worked.Do you offers senior or disability discount? I receive less than $500 per month and $39 is Alot of us are not allowed to take student discount as COVID had shut down auditing of classes I see others have asked please respond Loyal customer

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2022 Feb 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am fully disabled. Before my aneurysm I owned a botique art gallery/framing/photography editing company. I purchased Photoshop CS6 for over 1200 dollars. Now that I would like to continue to pursue my photography I find that I:

1. Cannot access my old CS6 even though I have the seriel number minus the last 4 numbers.

2. Support will not help me because those last 4 numbers are redacted from the program files for "security"

3. Its been years so I don't have that business email anymore.

I just want to be able to exercise my creative juices. I am not even capable of leaving my apartment on my own.

In response to a disabled person being the same as a regular customer... My disability bearly covers my most basic expenses, not to mention those that I simply wish to have to stimulate my creative juices. 

I do not plan to make money off of the creative cloud, it would affect my disability anyway. Also I am not really capable of any type of schedule. 

I really think that a senior and disabled discount is justified Adobe... get on board and help those of us that aren't going to stoop to stealing or key cracking.... We do it because we respect your company and product. So please help us out also. It doesn't actually cost you anything but is a great example to other companies and genuine good will.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sadly, so true. Just like during the pandemic, seniors and the disabled are considered "disposible". And still are. 

The saddest thing is that Photoshop and AI are the two most horrid graphics programs with which I have had to work. So many others were so much more intuitive and able. But at seems that now an entire new generation is going to have to work with these cumbersome beasts.

Votes

Translate

Translate