Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Save/Reopen projects/collections of files and save window positions

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2011 Dec 09, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,
I've been working with PS for more than 10 years and I found a few things that should be tackled in future versions. However there is one feature which I am really missing ever since. It would have saved me a lot of time, and (to me) it's so obvious: projects!

I simply want to save my current status of photoshop, including my opened documents and their positions on the workspace.

The reason simply is, that I am regularely working with more than just a few files at the same time. I am in the games and web business working with lots and lots of smaller assets. If I need to shut down my computer (which is actually required in my company over night) then I have to reload all my files manually on the next working day.

I think this feature has to go into PS in one imaginable way or another after so many years. Even more as there are a number of other Adobe Tools (e.g. After Effects) which had that from the beginning. And PS isn't bound to one single field in graphics anymore - it's being used in many different ways - I gave you my example.

Please do me a favor and seriously consider implementing this in the next version.
If you need more input I'd be more than happy to hear from you ;-)

Mig Marn
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
7 Comments
Contributor ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Save Work Windows Layouts:

This is similar to how you can save workspace tool windows but with the ability to save the position of all the windows your doing work in too. Sometimes I have a lot of different windows of different pictures up and I dont like having to reset the location of all my working windows everytime I open photoshop. One window might be zoomed in, one window might be panned all the way to the side of the image, ect ect. Would be great to keep your working layouts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Dec 10, 2011 Dec 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

»I simply want to save my current status of photoshop, including my opened documents and their positions on the workspace.«
As for opening the documents that are open at quitting (or some other time) that could be achieved with a Script that stores the fullNames for all open files in a txt-file for example, I guess – the window positions on the other hand are currently not savable to the best of my knowledge.
It does not seem essential, but I would also like to see that implemented.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,
Jul 13, 2014 Jul 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are all great ideas. I often find the features photoshop considers small workflow features the most exciting and the usual big filter improvements less exciting because it only effects a few people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Jul 09, 2015 Jul 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would love this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2017 Mar 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wonder, should window position be stored in the file itself (possible problems when opening it on a computer with a smaller screen for example) or if Photoshop should keep a local record of window positions (possible problems with the volume of the record itself over time and with moved/renamed/... documents). 
In any case the demand for the feature seems modest ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Apr 10, 2018 Apr 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
It would be a very handy feature!

Votes

Translate

Translate