• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Separators in customizable toolbar

Explorer ,
Dec 03, 2015 Dec 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new customizable toolbar in Photoshop CC 2015.1 is a great addition. It would be even better if we could add separator lines. Earlier versions of Photoshop had them, and it helped make the toolbar easier to parse.
Idea No status Locked

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 04, 2015 Dec 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philipp,

I'm afraid that I don't really understand what you're requesting.

The customizable toolbar allows you to group your tools into bins which are visually represented by a darker shading around the tools.  How and where would a separator line figure into this?

Thanks,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a screenshot from an older version:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Howdy Philipp,

Ah, gotcha.  Now I understand your request.  Sorry about that.

Removing these separators was a conscious decision as part of the toolbar customization and modernization effort we just did.  Now that I understand your request, I believe you're the second person in two days asking for these dividers to come back.  I've forwarded this thread to management to see what we can do.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also would like to see separators brought back. They're a critical component of being able to locate and select a tool at a glance. It seriously slows down my workflow to have to study the icons and locate a specific tool each time I want to switch, whereas it took less than a second before.

If it was a conscious decision to remove the separators, then leave them out by default but give those who rely on them the option of putting them back in. It's silly to force the change on users when it serves no benefit other than offering a modern appearance. Not only that, but it's poor functional design if it's hindering the workflow of the people who actually use the program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Mar 26, 2016 Mar 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's your fourth request for it. Would love this added to Toolbar.

Please understand what is being relayed here to you Adobe; users of your product would like to have this added in since it would be one more bit of the USER interface that would help in quickly, instantly being able to grab a tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The end of 2023 is coming up.
Adobe team, please, return separators in PS 2024 (option to add them).

This will speed up the visual search for the right tool

Votes

Translate

Translate