• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop: Show indication of active Hue/Saturation color ranges

Contributor ,
Apr 04, 2011 Apr 04, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Hue/Saturation adjustment layer panel doesn't give any indication of which color ranges have had hue/saturation adjustments made to them.
It would be nice if the panel had some sort of indicators to show which ranges have had changes.

Also, it would be nice if it stayed on the same range when I return to the adjustment layer.
Currently, if I make the H/S layer and select the green range and make in edit, then come back to the adjustment layer later, the panel returns to showing the master settings.
Idea No status

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2011 Apr 05, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes- its is frustrating to open a hue/sat adjustment layer and have to go through the drop down menu and click on each color ro see what was adjusted. a bullet or some other symbol next to the adjusted color would be really great.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2013 Jan 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any feedback on this? In other forums someone made a mockup showing a kind of badge next to the color ranges that were adjusted. Would be very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a good idea (already added my vote).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a mockup I made shortly after my suggestion here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2014 Mar 07, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to see which color channels have been adjusted in a given selective color or hue/sat adjustment layer, Photoshop forces you to select each color channel individually and access the drop down menu. A quick way to speed up the process would be to add a checkmark or other sign that a particular channel has been adjusted. Additionally, I would like the option of expanding the entire set of color channels to see them all on the screen at once, or add checkboxes so I can decide which ones to expand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2014 Mar 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah yes! That would make the whole thing much more pleasant to use, instead of going through a drop down menu. And more visual, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 10, 2014 Mar 10, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

with this new CC subscription model - I'd like to see more developmental transparency - you already have my subscription on the books so I'd like to know if important ideas like this one are in the pipeline for development. Or if we are just wasting our time talking about it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is still a publicly traded company, so we can't talk about unannounced products too much, regardless of the revenue model.

And every idea we haven't said "no, can't be done" to is in the pipeline somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but surely it is a simple thing to implement and much needed. not a total reworking of a feature just a slight UI adjustment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Again, we can't talk about unannounced products or versions of products.
Even if the suggestion is that simple (and it isn't quite that simple).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Oct 25, 2020 Oct 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate