• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Request Ctrl + M to move layer to folder

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving layers into folders in Photoshop is non-trivial for complicated documents. Suppose a duplicate a layer, then desire to move it into a layer group; I have to click and drag my layer towards the top or bottom of the layers panel (guessing which direction my target group folder is in) and then play a little game of wiggling my dragged layer around the edge to get the layers panel to scroll up and down unti I find the right group folder.

See Blender for guidance. With Blender's "Collections," I can press M and a menu appears at my cursor with a list of existing Collection folders. This menu can fly-out to nested collection (sub-folders), and also has a button for New Collection. By selecting any item or items in my scene view (which is a lot like a layers stack) and then invoking the shorcut, I can quickly move one or more items into an oranized location.

I'd love to see the ability to do this in Photoshop through a shortcut (suggesting Ctrl+M since M is the marquee tool), and through the Right-click context menu on one or multiple selected layers in the Layer panel. This would greatly improve the ability to organize my PDS contents!

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?