Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Texture tiling from image

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I work a lot with photoshop to create seamless textures from textile images, it would really help if photoshop would implement AI for creating seamless tiles from an uploaded image. 

Now I need to mannually make my tiles seamless by: offset and then stamping the sides of the images to make the edges blend in each other. 

Would love to have this be easier!

Thanks, 

Saskia Roturier

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This ability exists in Adobe Substance Sampler which is part of Adobe's 3D applications

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you lookin the view menu, there is a way to preview patterns, it might help the manual process while waiting for an automated process: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/pattern-preview.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dave,

When working with detailed knitted and woven fabrics, this is sadly not an option... The quality is not as good as manually in photoshop. Especially because I receive fabrics from clients, so they have to be a certain quality. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 14, 2023 Jun 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Unfortunately I have had very poor success with Substance Sampler's tiling feature. Even when using a perfectly scaled fabric image, Sampler figures out how to mess it up. I'm also hoping to see a much improved tiling method in both Sampler and Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate