• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Up and Down buttons on edit fields to increment and decrement values in edit fields like InDesign

Explorer ,
Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

would be nice to have those small arrows next to some text-fields like in indesign or illustrator.

thanks and good bye

Bildschirmfoto 2021-10-13 um 13.20.50.png

Idea No status
TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 13, 2021 Oct 13, 2021

Hello, I know that it is not exactly what you are asking for, but did you know that Photoshop has something that Illustrator does not have: scrubby sliders: hold CTRL(PC)/CMD(Mac) as you hover the numerical field, and you can drag to change the numbers.

Hold Shift for larger and Alt for finer increments. 

You can also hover the title of the numerical field, and the mouse cursor changes, indicating that you can scrub left and right.

Also, if you click on the numerical field, you can use the up

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I know that it is not exactly what you are asking for, but did you know that Photoshop has something that Illustrator does not have: scrubby sliders: hold CTRL(PC)/CMD(Mac) as you hover the numerical field, and you can drag to change the numbers.

Hold Shift for larger and Alt for finer increments. 

You can also hover the title of the numerical field, and the mouse cursor changes, indicating that you can scrub left and right.

Also, if you click on the numerical field, you can use the up or down arrow on your KB to change the numbers, Shift for larger increments.

As an alternative, you can also use the mouse wheel to change the value after clicking. Again shift for larger changes.

If you enter a value with the keyboard, you can also Shift+enter to apply, but keep the field active, in order to experiment.

You can also use basic math on the numerical fields.

I hope this helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hi, thank you, i did not know that you can use your mouswheel, thats very handy. i did know you can use arrows keys and math. still, i would like to have those little arrows to click. if you just want to make a few steps its easier just to klick them 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate