• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrade the Paint Bucket Tool

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2024 Apr 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm an art student in college and due to my job I have acces to the Creative Cloud Suite, which I'm able to use for work and personal things. When filling in colors selections I've drawn, the simplest answer would seem to be use the paint bucket tool. However, when doing so it leaves a small white outline around the area you tried to fill in, and attempts to mess with the tolerance settings don't fix it. Double clicking it doesn't work either, since then it overfills the selection and makes all the edges pixelated. 

I feel like this simple update to make the Paint Bucket tool better at filling in selections would greatly benefit all users as well as peak the interest of other potential users. Many of my other art friends use different art programs due to them being easier to use, and at times I've been tempted to purchase other art programs due to things like this making it so my artwork isn't as clean as I'd hoped.

I've seen tips from other users who offer workarounds to this problem since it's persisted for quite a while, and while I greatly appreciate it, I feel that making the time to improve the paint bucket tool is a long overdue update that can greatly improve a user's experience with Photoshop, for artwork or other purposes.

Idea No status
TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?