• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

2 in 1 laptop touchscreen pen (Dell Active Pen PN350M) doesn't work with photoshop?

New Here ,
Jul 20, 2021 Jul 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased my Dell Inspiron 5491 2 in 1 with a Dell Active Pen PN350M last year. I used this pen in photoshop to draw a few images 9 months ago or so. Since then, I've dusted off my Wacom tablet and have been using that to draw instead.

I just tried to use my Dell Active Pen to draw in Photoshop 2021 and now it's not working? The pen draws in other applications, but when I use the brush/eraser tool (etc) in photoshop nothing happens.

I've seen in other threads that photoshop only recognises drawing on touchscreen laptops as "gestures" and not "fingerpainting", but these threads were mainly written before I was able to use it last year?

I may have accidentally changed a setting when setting up my Wacom tablet (I had issues with pen pressure which I resolved with this method).

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just encountered this issue and resolved it by uninstalling/reinstalling the Photoshop app. I have a Dell Latitude 5410 2in1. I hope this can resolve your issue like it did for me. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines