• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

360 panorama editing - merging layers alternative?

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm adding graphics and text to a 360 panorama image, just like as shown in this video (at the 190 second mark): Make Your 360 Photos LOOK BETTER FAST! Photoshop Tutorial  The only way I know to make the added graphics or text "stick" to the 360 pano is by merging the graphics/text to the background layer.  If you don't merge, your text/graphics won't pan with the view, as seen in the youtube video.

The problem: if I want to change my text next month, I can't because it's merged to the 360 pano. True, I could save the 360 pano before I merge, but this isn't practical for me because I have about 20 different text layers at different "rotations" along the 360 pano, so I'd have to re-position every layer which is very time consuming.  Is there a way to have editable text in a 360 pano so if I want to change it down the road, I can?

For example, in this view, the red lines and "Penn St" are in the correct rotation.  The green lines are not. So I have to merge the red lines and Penn St with the background layer, then spin the view around, then merge the green lines and "HWY 3" 

Matthew5EDD_1-1626885510693.pngMatthew5EDD_2-1626885544277.png

Once I merge the layers in the correct positions, it looks like this, but I can no longer go and edit the lines or text without clicking "undo" - and you can't rely on "undo" if working with 20+ liens/text, or if you want to edit the lines or text 2 months down the road.

Matthew5EDD_3-1626885839139.png

Any ideas?  Huge thanks!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?