• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d Functions not working

Explorer ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The NVIDIA driver has been updated and I've restarted but photoshop will not operate in 3D (Windows 10). I have tried several different settings in preferences/performance. I can create an extrusion but as soon as I move or click on a 3d tool the image splits in half. 

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

There are many know issues in Photoshop.  If you read Adobe known Issues there are many work around for 3D problems in Photoshop. The must be many issues.  Who knows if Adobe will ever fix the issues in Photoshop 3D feature. Photoshop is not a 3D application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What exact version of Photoshop are you using (check Help >System Info)

What GPU and driver version do you have installed?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many know issues in Photoshop.  If you read Adobe known Issues there are many work around for 3D problems in Photoshop. The must be many issues.  Who knows if Adobe will ever fix the issues in Photoshop 3D feature. Photoshop is not a 3D application.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, it works sometimes and when I go to use it the next day it does not work, I tried serval ways, all the type is converted to outlines, uploading screen shots of message and what I have on my laptop configuration....Can anyone please explain and I think my laptop is still good I hope...lol thanks again, would like to get to the bottom of this, need it for a client project...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you using Photoshop 2020 or Photoshop 2021.  There are many issues in Photoshop 2021 with each  Photoshop 2021 version 22.x update Adobe seems to changes Photoshop GPU support and Photoshop 3D Requires the use of your GPU Adobe seems to be having problems  with its Photoshop 2021 GPU support which is required the Photoshop 3D.  On top of that Adobe has not fully updated Photoshop 3D support in  Photoshop 2021 so you have to disable Photoshop 2021 Native Canvas support for 3D  to  have a chances of working in Photoshop 2021. And there are other 3D issues in Photoshop 2021.  You also seem to be pasting things from other Adobe applications into Photoshop.  If you want to use Photoshop 3D features if you have installed Photoshop 2021 use the Creative Desktop Application to remove Photoshop 2021 use Photoshop 2020 version 21.2.9 instead. See if you can get you work done in Photoshop 2020

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines