• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D layer not able to modified at all

Explorer ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do some 3D but whenever i converted to 3D i am not able to move the Camera, Cannot change any Shape Preset, Cannot change any depth. NOthing at all. I just need to look at it. Cannot modify anything at all. Did i do something wrong ? I unistalled the photoshop via Crative Cloud App and reinstalled it but same issue. 

I am on 2020 iMac and Photoshop version is the latest one.

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.26.32.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.26.39.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.26.47.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.36.09.pngScreenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.36.21.png

Screenshot 2021-05-25 at 13.42.17.png

I was able to use 3D befor but stop using it for a few moths. Do not know why is this happening.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may happen because a GPU Driver error. You can use the Cordinates tap to move or rotate objects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your message. I have just tried as you suggested but it does noting at all.

Now you said it may happen because of GPU Driver. Is that mean Mac OS Big Sur has wrong driver or incompleted driver ? I have just recently installed as as fresh macOS Big Sur 11.4 again and same issue. Do you really think I should seek help with Apple ? I really did not think that it will be Apple fault but now I might try take this conversation to Apple.

I am really hopeless right now and nothing i can do with 3D in Photoshop. making me so down. 

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 22.35.40.png

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 22.27.24.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.

Some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas has been added. This can be checked and Photoshop restarted to restore 3D functions to where they were in 22.3

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Dave,

You are a saviour. Truly thanking you and it is now working.

Thanks a million Dave ! I was really hopeless and I Really appreciate for this information.

Screenshot 2021-05-31 at 22.50.57.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines