• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3D objects disappear in photoshop cc 2020

Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already had the same problem with photoshop cc 2019. The 3D object suddenly disappear. All of them. As if I had changed the opacity of material to 0%. I tried to rerender, but it doesn't help. The only way is to reopen the same file on my macbook air. Then all layers become visible again. I would prefer to work on my mackbook pro because it is more powerful. But the problem appear mainly on this machine.  I have tried to reinstall Photoshop on my mackbook pro. Does not solve the problem. I have catalina on both macs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

go to your preferences, - techonlogy preview - check " deactive native canvas". restart PS

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a problem using  PS 2020 on Windows 3D objects would turn black they did not disappear. I saw there was a newer Device Driver available from Nvidia for my Quadro K2200.  Installing that driver solver my Problem. 3D objects no longer turn black.  Check with Apple toe see if there are updates for your Mac.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same issue. Running CC 2021, on my M1 Macbook Pro, Big Sur. I don't have a different computer to try it on anymore. Wondering if you've found a solution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2021 May 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no solutions?  This has just started on my MacbookPro. I can create the object but as soon as I select it, it disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go to your preferences, - techonlogy preview - check " deactive native canvas". restart PS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2021 Jun 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much - 3D working now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you are a life saver this worked for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who are you mysterious Salt Peppermint? Many lives were saved by this solution!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually Adobe Published that information in their Photoshop 2021 known issue list they also included some steps to work around issues till Adobe addresses the issue. All Photoshop features have not been updated for  Photoshop 2021 yet. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/known-issues.html 

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

😄 just a user suffering from this same issue and going insane until I found this solution in the depths of the web lol. Figured I share. Glad it helped!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salt

Thank you so much for sharing the info. 

I couldn't figure out what the issue was and my searches didn't answer the problem

I see JJMack has posted a link but I never found it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, Was through that process but it came back eventually.  I did read from one of the pro's here this is partly do with the technology changeover. I took it to mean the software is at that point it's straddling 2 architectures.  I'm no pro but I get how that can be messy.  I switch from a 2015 MacBook Pro to a 2020 model.  The old one was brutal when the last two updates came out. Then on my new system the problem persisted. I really thought my upgrade would also solve this.  Nope.  

my final solution and yes it can be mildly painful, I reinstalled AND deleted all my preferences.  

Started again and haven't had the problem since.  FWIW.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should also add, that once I deleted my preferences, the technology preview option disappeared in my preferences. But I still haven't had any issues since the reinstall. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This was driving me crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salt Peppermint's solution saved me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

" deactive native canvas" This only works one time. Then it greyed out the second time i used it. 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It didn't work for me. And the background dissapeared too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 25, 2021 Oct 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you really

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines