• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

3d objects jumping to a different x y postion when rotated

Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am using the latest release to 22.4.2 and am aware of the the recent 3d updates causing lots of problems for the photoshop CC beta testing community (the public)

I have changed the following setting to now see and rotate 3d objects (To use 3D in 22.4, go to Preferences- Technology previews and check Deactivate Native Canvas. You will need then to close and restart Photoshop)

but now when i rotate an existing 3d object it jumps to a new x y position?

its blowing my mind how many bugs photoshop cc is riddled with... I find myself researching problems here every month.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. That shouldn't be happening. Could you please try resetting the preferences of Photoshop and let us know if that helps?

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Note: Make sure that you back up all your custom presets, brushes & actions before restoring Photoshop's preferences. https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you, i'll see how i get on!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 18, 2021 Jun 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MrGlennJones wrote:

its blowing my mind how many bugs photoshop cc is riddled with... I find myself researching problems here every month.

Yes, it is buggy. You might try Blender for 3D (free), then bring it into Photoshop after you render. I'll tag @davescm , as he is our 3D expert.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good tippage thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"...but now when i rotate an existing 3d object it jumps to a new x y position?"

I can't replicate that here. Object rotation just rotates the object.

I would try a preference reset and go from there.

Incidentally the preference "Deactivate Native Canvas" is not overcoming a bug. Adobe are updating the core graphics functions in Photoshop. This is driven by the operating systems of Apple and Microsoft in which the old Open GL functions are being removed in the case of Apple, or deprecated in the case of Microsoft. This means that the graphics functions that have worked for years must be rewritten to use Metal and Direct X. At the same time, Adobe are sensibly updating those core functions to deliver the additional speed we require to handle the very large files of today.
However, some functionality in Photoshop, such as 3D, still relies on the older Open GL graphics functions. To make these work, an additional preference Preferences>Technology previews>Deactivate Native Canvas was added. This was explained in the release notes.

3D functionality in Photoshop is old and in my view only suitable for very basic occasional use. As well as containing several long-standing bugs, modelling is limited and rendering is done with the CPU and, as a result, is very slow. If you do a lot of work in 3D, as I do, I would advise using a separate 3D application using a modern rendering engine on the GPU.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

yes i know its a bit flakey but i do really just use it to extrude some text into 3d mostly. nothing too fancy! thanks for replying! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines