• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

5-second lag when closing files in Photoshop [Locked]

Community Beginner ,
Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've gone through the options to improve performance but still have a 5-second lag when I close a file in Photoshop CC (I used to have the same unresolved problem with Adobe Photoshop CS6). This also happens with a blank document, so file size isn't an issue.

[ Note from moderator: this post is now locked as it is drawing excessive spam, a dozen of which have removed. ]

TOPICS
macOS , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jul 14, 2019 Jul 14, 2019

Thanks JJMack, turns out it's a hardware issue, I've connected with Adobe directly through the homepage - my graphics card needs to be updated

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you close a document if there are no unsaved changes the window or tab should close instantly. If there are unsaved changes you should be prompted asking if you want to save the changes first.  Small document should save and close very swiftly.  Exactly what Photoshop UI are you using to close you document.  Photoshop is not a file editor it saved documents into image files. Many image file types are supported some Image file types are sot supported.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JJMack, 

I should also mention that I'm on Windows 10.

It lags even if I save a file first, it doesn't matter what format (or size) the file is - it does exactly the same thing even if it's a native PSD, a jpg.png,TIFF, etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Windows 10 I have not updated to build 1903  I still use

I have CS3, CS6, CC 2014, CC 2018 and CC 2019 installed and updated I do not have a problem like yoy describe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack, turns out it's a hardware issue, I've connected with Adobe directly through the homepage - my graphics card needs to be updated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it must be a hardware issue. As it happen with me i was making post template for my website and when i finish working there is stuck happen in computer and no thing is working after 30 40 sec photoshop close. Then i update my graphic card and now everything working smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You went through options to improve performance, did you reset the preferences?

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi melissapiccone,

I've reset my prefs and it still has the same lag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2021 Aug 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This started happening straight away on photoshop and illustrator with a new computer i just got, couldn't find any info on the adobe forums but did find something here which fixed it straight away if you are using nvidea
https://superuser.com/questions/1234909/photoshop-very-slow-to-close-files

changing the nvidea 3d options worked on both photoshop and illustrator, hope it can help someone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If anyone else is having similar problems I fixed mine in seconds by going to control panel>programs>programsfeatures and then found "Intel(R) C++ Redistributables on Intel(R) 64" in the list. If you right click and chose repair it quickly fixes the problem and no more awful hanging when merely closing files in Photoshop. I'm so happy, it was driving me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2020 May 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,richardk46067604 

I've uninstalled Intell Graphic Drivers and updated it through Device Manager (windows 10) and Photoshop became perfectly smooth again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2020 May 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premature happiness 😞 I've tested on simple small files. Some bigger cause the same lag 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is you're running FontBase font manager, try removing their plugin from the Photoshop program folder > Plugins. Removing the plugin from Photoshop (and Illustrator) solved the lag issue for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 31, 2021 May 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved my problem , ty bro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just saved my life! I tried out fontbase awhile back and didn't really care for it. Uninstalled it and never thought that it was affecting my software. Illustrator had a 5 second delay closing every file driving me nuts! THANKS!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 20, 2021 Dec 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ver much James@StTherese ...i removed the Fontbase font manager plugin in "C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2018\Plug-ins" it photoshop closing file tab lag is stopped.photoshop is smooth now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was having this problem for MONTHS, I tried everything then I stumbled on this reply. thank you James@StTherese !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please select a damaged PSD file on first page of repair wizard in Recovery Toolbox for Photoshop.

Select file name for new recovered file.

it must be a hardware issue. As it happen with me i was making post template for [ web link removed by moderator ] and when i finish working there is stuck happen in computer and no thing is working after 30 40 sec photoshop close. Then i update my graphic card and now everything working smoothly. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2021 Oct 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SmokMorph

Smoking should not be legal and you should not be advertising it here it violate guide lines.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines