Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe CC

New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm still using CS6, because I'm familiar to it. But want to upgrade to CC.

I don't like it whan I first must uinstall my CS6, because when I have a problem with installing my CC I can't create anymore.

So, is it possible to install CC, next to CS6?

best regards,

Dennis

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not fully understanding your question about install but yes, you can install CC next to CS6 (you can have both). 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yess, that's what I wanted to know. thank you. Must I take something into account when installing next to CS6? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Dennis50B8 wrote:

yess, that's what I wanted to know. thank you. Must I take something into account when installing next to CS6? 

I don't believe so. I wouldn't recommend running both at the same time, and of course, you need a system that is compatible with both. Probably not a great idea to make edits in a newer version and expect the older one to be fully compatible so test CC, if you like it, stick with it. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so, when CC is up and running, I can uninstall my CS6....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not have to uninstall CS6 before installing CC. Install CC and if it ever asks, make sure you don't have it remove older versions.

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You do not have to uninstall CS6.  However CC desktop may brake your Perpetual CS6 install.  After some time it tried to update my CS6 I did mat ask for it the update failed  and CS6 reported it  was now version 13.0 no longer 13.0.1.3.  It Also did not work correctly and update would always fail.  I installed CS6 from my Perpetual CS6 DVD over the broken CS6 and it  fixed  CS6 version  13.0.  Then Update was able to update CS6 to CC  CS6 version 13.1.2. However,  Some CS5 plug-ins that ran in Perpetual CS6 13.0.1.3 do not run in CC CS6 version 13.1.2.   CC desktop shows version 13.0 however cs6 shows  13.1.2 on Windows 8 not windows 10

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Good Luck my experance is years old.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines