Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Color Themes and Photoshop 2020

Contributor ,
Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I use Photoshop 21.2.8 instead 22.x, the reason is that new version is extremely broken on my hardware (RTX 2070), so the only way to use it with GPU acceleration is to use 21.x.

I also use Adobe Color Themes extension to work on color harmonies.

In the past I have seen stability problems with ACT, but today there is a text that Adobe Color Themes will be removed (!) in July.

Could you tell me why? Will it be removed just from PS 21.x or from each PS?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 03, 2021 Jul 03, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's also a message in photoshop 22.4.2, the latest photoshop version.

Screenshot-(191).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 04, 2021 Jul 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. It means that even if they add it to PS back again it will be only in newest version which I can't use because it sucks.... damn. I wonder what are my options now. How can I arrange my color harmonies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means they won't add it back in any version. It's history. The color themes panel is not color managed (while Photoshop itself is), and everything you see in the panel is displayed as Monitor RGB. It will not match the actual document, and it will give different results with different document profiles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"We will be bringing the creative tools back into applications by integrating them in the Libraries panel in the future." doesn't mean they are going to bring it back at some point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 06, 2021 Jul 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"We will be bringing the creative tools back into applications by integrating them in the Libraries panel in the future."

Saved themes are also incuded in the Libraries panel, so with the exception of the creation widget the two panels are redundant. It sounds like they intend to fold the widget into the Library panel?

Also, themes can be color managed if you create or edit them from https://color.adobe.com/create/color-wheel rather than the panel. At the AdobeColor site you have the option to set the theme color mode to Lab, which is not an option in the Themes panel. Lab defined themes will display correctly in the Library Panel, and can then be converted to any space via color management by the app.

RGB themes created with an app’s Color Themes panel can be converted to Lab at https://color.adobe.com/mythemes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an aside - what issue are you getting with your GPU. Photoshop 22.4.2 works fine here with an RTX2080ti

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was searching for help for long time, I pay for PS every month so this is really annoying that the software doesn't work, my only solution was to downgrade to 21.x

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/could-you-point-me-to-workaround-for-catastrophics-photosho...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines