• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe frozen, won't open or close

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I use photoshop nearly everyday, but about a week ago I tried forcequitting out of the application and since then it has not closed. There are no windows open, just the application in my task bar in which I can't force quit either. I checked the activity monitor and it doen't show up, and even after updating, uninstalling and reinstalling it won't work. When restarting, it'll actually not allow my computer to close because the application is still technically 'open'. I'm really stuck and I'd appreciate some help (I'm using a 2020 MacBook Air). 

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Did you exit all the way out of Creative Cloud as well (confirm you want to quit) and instead of restarting your MacBook, turn it all the way off, let it sit for about 5 minutes or more and then start it up again? Sounds obvious but I've had it clear out things like this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you exit all the way out of Creative Cloud as well (confirm you want to quit) and instead of restarting your MacBook, turn it all the way off, let it sit for about 5 minutes or more and then start it up again? Sounds obvious but I've had it clear out things like this for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I let it sit, then I restarted. I appreicate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem, I'm so glad that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Photoshop preferences, which you can do under the General tab in Photoshop preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If resetting pref's doesn't work (first thing to always try):

Try logging into another account (you may need to make one), still doing this? 

Try starting up in Safe mode (hold down Shift Key when booting), still doing this? 

You might want to try running a free utility like Onyx: still doing this? 

https://www.titanium-software.fr/en/onyx.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines