• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ADOBE HAVE BROKEN PHOTOSHOP

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone please tell me what the [removed] the folks at Adobe are doing? I've been using Photoshop for decades and it USED TO BE the best photo editing software arouind BUT Adobe sdeems to have broken it BECAUSE they simply can't leave it alone! All of a sudden I am now unable to even OPEN it! USELESS and where is my SUPPORT!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Hi

It's not broken for everyone. I can think of a couple of things to try:

If that doesn't work:

• Uninstall from the Creative Cloud app
  • Install the last version that worked for you
  • Turn off automatic updates from the CC app

If you need more help, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

Let us know if this works or if you stil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

It's not broken for everyone. I can think of a couple of things to try:

If that doesn't work:

• Uninstall from the Creative Cloud app
  • Install the last version that worked for you
  • Turn off automatic updates from the CC app

If you need more help, contact Adobe Customer Care:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-services/how-to-contact-adobe-support/td-p/11875703 

Let us know if this works or if you still need help.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it's broken and who has time to do all that nonsense? I  never used to have problems with Photoshop, it used to be great in fact it used to be perfect BUT Adobe simply couldn't leave it alone and now they have broken it and it feels like I now spend more time keeping it up and running than actually using it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a user to user support forum. Complaining is going to get you nowhere here

What OS and version, what version of Photoshop? What exactly happens (use some details; hangs, crashes?). 

Yes, reset your pref's first. 

I can guarantee that PS isn't 'broken' for everyone and Adobe isn't going out of its way to upset you; perhaps it is your system of a conflict with some other software? Impossible to provide help until you calm down and describe the issue and allow users, volunteers here to maybe help you out.  

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps complaining it about here might not get me anywhere BUT it sure has made me feel better. No, it was not anything I've done. I eventually managed to get through to a human being at Adobe support who took over my desktop and after about 30-40 minutes of fiddling around finally managed to sort out the problem (I think) and I doubt very much the problem could have been sorted out any other way. My gripe with Adobe is that I never had this much trouble with Photoshop in the past, it has literally gone from a dream photo editing software suite to a nightmare minefield of continuous maintenance, bug fixes and having to deal with customer services if you actually manage to get through to them! I lost an entire afternoon today and I'm up against a deadline so I am still very annoyed about it. Like I said, Adobe have broken it because they just couldn't leave it alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want it left alone then turn off updates to the application and your operating system and never update either.

Raising an issue then refusing to take advice from other users seems remarkably petulant.

It is not broken here,  and I want Adobe to keep developing it in order to maximise the use of modern hardware and handle the much larger files I now work with regularly.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Dave, where exactly did I refuse to take anyone's advice and why are you trying to provoke an argument with me? Do you even know the meaning of petulant? I was expressing my frustration and if you don't like that then perhaps you should just keep it to yourself. Btw, the tech at Adobe suggested that my problem arose because I did NOT keep Adobe Cloud updated. So what are your qualifications exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'..where exactly did I refuse to take anyone's advice

When you responded to Jane's good advice with 'who has time to do all that nonsense'

'Do you even know the meaning of petulant?'

Yes.

'.what are your qualifications exactly.'

20 years using Photoshop, 7 years helping folk sort issues on these forums, 39 years working and managing in electronics and telecommunications industry, 62 years learning when to take advice that is offered.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jurie0101 wrote:

Thank you Dave, where exactly did I refuse to take anyone's advice and why are you trying to provoke an argument with me? 

Where? Right here:

@Jurie0101 wrote:

No, it's broken and who has time to do all that nonsense?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

“The only thing complaining does is convince other people that you are not in control.” Anonymous

If and when you are ready for help, come back and ask.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines