• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe - Watercolor Artist Action download

Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am new to Photoshop and have downloaded the watercolor Artist Action.  I am running on Photoshop 2020.  this Action doesnt seem to be working for me.  I keep getting errors that are shown below.  I have to click thru a bout 30 of these, then the program seems to run or do whatever, but then at the end it looks like crap and nothing like a watercolor.  Any suggestions or a glitch in the program?

Thanks. Sherryk1957Watercolor Action Message.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherry,

An action performs a series of steps, and we will need to see what yours does. Spin open the action to show the steps. Resize the panel wider so we can see the words. Resize the panel taller so we can see all the steps. Then take a screen shot and post it here. Be sure to choose Large for the size.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To take about 50 snap shots is not worth my time... since I have wasted a whole day trying to get these to work. I have tried some other actions that I have downloaded today from your site and they are not working that well either. I am using your subscription plan for adobe photoshop cc... you think that you would make your adobe photoshop actions compatible with your own products. Very disappointed. I have actions from another photographer and they work perfectly.

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is my responce and all the errors I receive running adobe - watercolor artist action.

Here it goes step by step....Its 3:04 pm
Open Photoshop 2020
Open File Img_2145
Open actions
run 1) Set up
Set up is complete
check continue
as instructed make sure the focus layer is highlighted.
Run 2). Watercolor Artist Action
Yellow Warning Triangle: WARNING: NO PIXELS ARE SELECTED OK
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "SMOOTH" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "MAKE" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "DELETE" is not currently available Continue
THINKING....Making Layers
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Process...Filter Gallery
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "CONTRACT" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "EXPAND" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "CONTRACT" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "SMOOTH" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "STROKE" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "DELETE" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "STROKE" is not currently available Continue
Yellow Warning Triangle: the Command "EXPAND" is not currently available Continue
THINKING...Flipping thru Layers
RENDER COMPLETED: Start editing from the group Image Control, it contains a set of layers especially made to let you quickly tune & customize the effect. Continue
THINKING...DONE
Attached is the finished photo that it produced.
I know that I am just learning Photoshop but I think there are way to many Warning Signs that there are issues with this Action Program. I also am experiencing the same issues with the Actions that I have downloaded from the Adobe website.
https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/3ad12d8e-2d81-415b-4785-f0c6b0d77e62

As you can see it would have been impossible for me to send you all of these errors in a snapshot.
Good Luck and let me know when this can be fixed.
Sherryk1957 @3:48pm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I think this action is not compatible with Photoshop 2020 you should ask the company from where you get it....regards

Ali Sajjad / Graphic Design Trainer / Freelancer / Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came from adobe website...

Get Outlook for iOS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"you think that you would make your adobe photoshop actions compatible with your own product"

We are users just like you and do not work for Adobe. Prehaps you can give us the link? Sometimes an action does not work because you need to make a selection first (for example), but we can't guess what the issue is with the information we have so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2020 Apr 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just played action in latest and greatest Photoshop and it works fine, I have seen No pixels were selected once but that is all. So, you are doing something wrong. Prior to play action Watercolor Artist you should paint on layer named "focus" are you aware of that? Do you have installed/loaded patterns and brushes prior to run action?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sherry,

I too did struggle with the action set.  You may have found resolve by now.

1. Read the set up guide - this is something I did only after I finally gave in to do so.
2. Resetting brush tools (in fact all tools) AND resetting all locked tools helped.

Every now and then I get issues about smooth command, blah, blah, blah - that I am still figuring out as to what the issue may be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2022 May 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have to reset each brush separately? Is there a way to reset all at once?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the attached screenshot for how to reset all tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you get this fixed?  I'm having exactly the same problem! 😞  I need help!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a cropped screenshot of the action panel (not in button mode) with the steps expanded showing the step where the action failed with an error message. Further screensots of say the layers panel may also be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know that it should matter but I noticed when I ran into this issue it would often occur when my focus layer sketch was too sparse.   For instance I painted a circle around an object hoping for a painterly constrast surrounding that object but I ended up with this error during the action.   In my case, if I painted that focus layer like a full layer mask over the object, (vs circling it)  the action compled (then I masked back in to achieve the effect I was looking for.)

I *think* the command *whatever* is not available is occuring as a result of sparse contrast and highlights in the selected zone.    

Hope this helps and you are able to get it worked out - it is a prety cool action set when it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the following and it fixed this problem:  I RESET ALL LOCKED SETTINGS in the Brush Settings panel, and I did the following:  Inside Layers Palette -> Panel Options, I had to un-check Use Default Masks on Fill Layers.  In Adjustments Palette the Add Mask by Default needs to be checked. Once I did all of these the process worked without errors.  The resulting image is in watercolor but looks odd, but I believe I will change that now by making changes to the design in the layers panel as the Adobe tutorial suggests.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also fill in the focus area, do not just draw around it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure which exact action you are using, but with all the actions, setting up the document exactly as the originator designated is essential. This can be different per action. Generally, it is a combination of file size, colour mode (RGB) and naming of the Background and Mask layers. The errors you describe usually happen when just one criteria are not set up correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines