• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Album of photos disappeared after Photoshop froze and iMac was restarted!

New Here ,
May 27, 2021 May 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A complete album dissapeared after Photoshop became unresponsive and restarted my iMac. I was a at the moment just working with a simple mask on a photograph... Photoshop has been crashing often on a daily basis and sometimes more than once, but making disappear a complete album is simply unacceptable. The biggest issue is that I had downloaded the photos using Image Capture App and erased them after downloading finished using this same app, so I cannot find a way to recover those important and unrepeatable pictures. Any help or solution? thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Album? Are you using Photoshop Elements? 

What are your specs? Mac OS, HD Space, RAM, PS Version, where is/was the album located? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you saved images to your HD as one would expect, it's still there unless your hard drive is failing.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you are saving to an external drive - it needs to be properly formatted or the Mac OS will not read it properly. It has to be formatted as ExFat for the newer (Catalina, Big Sur) Mac Os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines