• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

All 22.x versions keep crashing on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my relatively old PS version to the newest (22.3.1) via the Creative Cloud App. Right after that I noticed that my Photoshop will crash everytime I start it, or randomly when I try to open a file.

After some tests with other 22.x versions this exact problem happens for all the 22.x versions for me.

I have already tried to remove the complete PS settings folder in the Application Support folder, set font preview to none etc.. None of that helped.

I then tried to install the oldest possible version, which is 21.2.7. That is the only working version for me.

I am running macOS 11.2.3.

Any help with this would be appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.x on your Mac. Please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Photoshop 22.x on your Mac. Please try the steps mentioned below:

1. Please go to the System Preferences for your Mac, then Security and Privacy, then select the Privacy tab.

2. Then select Accessibility from the list to the left & check if Photoshop is added to the list with a check mark in front of it.

3. If Photoshop is not a part of the list, please add it by unlocking the window first using the lock at the bottom left, then clicking the + icon & navigating to the Applications folder.

4. Also, grant permissions to Photoshop under Full disk access located in the same list as Accessibility.

5. Once done, restart the Mac & check if it helps.

If the issue persists, please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Photoshop 2021 by going to Preferences, then Performance. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop to check if that helps.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Full Disk access and adding PS to the accessibility list did the trick.

Thanks again 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did not help with constant crashing when trying to Open Photoshop under Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry SchumisKinn I was trying to reply to nikunj.m

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nikunj

I was very hopeful and tried your solution. Granting full disk access and accessibility didn't make a difference.  It is not possible to disable "use graphics processor" because PS hangs on opening making access to preferences unattainable.

I'm in the middle of a PS course and need a solution. Any other suggestions?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

W'ere sorry that the suggested steps didn't help. You can try to reset the preferences of Photoshop manually using the steps mentioned here: https://adobe.ly/2Qzc0K3

Please backup your settings prior to resetting the preferences. You can check: https://adobe.ly/2vNz6FG

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am having the exact same issues. This version should come with its own warning

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the 22.x.x versions worked for me and kept freezing. Try installing the 21.2.9 version. I did and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Sep 08, 2021 Sep 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what I had to do. I've had to abandon 22.x for now. It's just not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2022 Feb 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the steps above and did not help. My iMac keeps crashing. I am using the latest version of PS cc, and running on iOS 12.2.1. Everytime I launch PS and open a file it crashes. I cannnot do any PS work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with the others here. Photoshop is not only crashing. It is crashing my Mac, so the Finder disappears! 😞

I have not had crashes like this since MacOS 9! This app is not fit for purpose! 😞

I have added Photoshop 2022 to the Security: Accessibility and Full Disk Access. This did not help.

I think I will have to downgrade to 21.2.9 like defaultwws5exlib2vh did with sucess,

So disappointing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines