• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Allow Action to continue to next file when it includes a stop

Contributor ,
Jul 21, 2021 Jul 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an Action script that includes a Stop for the user to select an area with the Marquee tool. The user then hits play to continue to the next steps. The Action includes Save and Close. This runs as expected on a single file but I want to run in on a folder of images through the Automate-Batch dialog. I get the "A command was cancelled or stopped while batching. Continue with next file or stop." dialog box. If I continue the Action skips the remaining steps and opens the next file. If I stop it runs on that file and stops. I want to stop, make the selection, continue, and then have the Action open the next file, and the next and so forth. How can I do this?

Link to my Action.

Linquist.atn

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

TOPICS
Actions and scripting , macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

@David Remington 

It sounds like you wish to have a semi-automated batch...

Add "allow continue" to the stop as one can't stop in a running batch and then successfully continue.

After the stop, insert a "select all" and "transform selection" to provide the user with an interactive selection creation while still successfully running the batch through all input files.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scritping will be better solution for you. Anyway to help you in your problem it will be better if you illustrate it by screenshots and attach a link to your .atn file. You may also record your doings and insert made video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kukurykus. I added a link to the Action and screen shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll probably be helped by you one of actions passionates that I know.

Allow Action to continue to next file when it includes a stop 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@David Remington 

It sounds like you wish to have a semi-automated batch...

Add "allow continue" to the stop as one can't stop in a running batch and then successfully continue.

After the stop, insert a "select all" and "transform selection" to provide the user with an interactive selection creation while still successfully running the batch through all input files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Stephen,

This worked! I found it does not need the Stop with the dialalog box checked on Transform Selection the Action pauses at that point and continues after checking commit. Then it opens the next file.

Thanks for the tip!

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the courtesy of a thank you reply and for marking this topic as correct to help other people searching for similar issue in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines