• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt click to define a source point

Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop. When I first started using it I would use the Healing Brush Tool to erase parts of an image with no problems? Now I must have clicked on something by mistake and now when I click on the Healing Brush a command comes up "Alt click to define a source point to be used to repair the image" I am not sure what this means?

I would appreciate any advice as to how to get back to how it was ?

Thank you

Jenny

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

You are using the Clone Tool, not the healing brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Select the Healing Brush tool from the Tool bar--it may be hidden under one of the other Healing tools. You can also press J to get the Healing tool and then Shift-J to cycle through all of the Healing tools until you come to the one you want.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 9.24.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the Clone Tool, not the healing brush.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh ok how do I go back to the healing brush? I must have done it accidentally?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Definitely the healing brush. That is what I'm clicking on. The "spot healing brush" works. But I have the "Alt click to define a source point to be used to repair the image" message come up too when I use the healing brush. I click on healing brush,  I get the little circle to move about, then I right click (left click I just get the msg straight away), and I get a box with "size" "hardness" and "spacing" adjustments. Then I right click again and that box disappears. The first left click and I get: "Alt click to define a source point to be used to repair the image".

So I did the reset in the preferences like it says. No change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nope. Definitely the healing brush. That is what I'm clicking on. The "spot healing brush" works. But I have the "Alt click to define a source point to be used to repair the image" message come up too when I use the healing brush. I click on healing brush,  I get the little circle to move about, then I right click (left click I just get the msg straight away), and I get a box with "size" "hardness" and "spacing" adjustments. Then I right click again and that box disappears. The first left click and I get: "Alt click to define a source point to be used to repair the image".

So I did the reset in the preferences like it says. No change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the Healing Brush tool from the Tool bar--it may be hidden under one of the other Healing tools. You can also press J to get the Healing tool and then Shift-J to cycle through all of the Healing tools until you come to the one you want.

Screen Shot 2020-01-27 at 9.24.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much that has fixed my problem!

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are very welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi - I am getting the same error message despite previously using it without any issues.  I have done the above but that is not helping - I have the healing brush selected and still getting the error message.  Any ideas?

Phil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Phil!

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Are you still having the same issue with the Healing Brush tool? Have you tried resetting your preferences? Here is a link that will explain what to do:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

Let us know if that helps? If it doesn't, please show us a screen shot of your workspace and the panels that you have open?

Thanks,

Michelle

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry I cant add to your question Phil as what was recommended to me worked
well. I hope you get it sorted it can be frustrating.
Jenny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay. I used to be able to do Photoshop repairs of photos without to much of a hasel. That was when I had bought my own CD/DVD and all was hunky-dory. This stuff is too complicated for me. Too many new terms, too many screens involved, most of which I don't know how to find. Still stuck with defining my source point. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines