alt(option) + drag to duplicate shouldn't affect locked layers

New Here ,
Sep 25, 2019 Sep 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an issue when I alt + drag elements on my screen to quickly duplicate them. If there is a locked layer above what I want to select (auto-select is on) it will duplicate the locked layer instead of the element I have selected. I use auto-select and alt+drag to make my workflow faster, and I see no real reason to be able to duplicate layers that were previously locked. Unless someone has a very good reason for doing this, I think it's a minor technical fix that would make more sense.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Feature request

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

press cmd option and drag to duplicate a layer underneath.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ! Thanks for the information ! I still stand by the fact that this should be the default option.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I heavily agree that this is how it should work. I'm having the same issue but with a layer under the layers I'm trying to alt+drag. The shapes I'm dealing with are rather small, so instead of selecting the layer I need it to select, it instead will grab the background and duplicate it instead quite often, which is very annoying.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines