• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Alt-right click-drag: brush adjust not working in CC 2018

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working in 2018 that came out today and have noticed the alt-right click-drag function that changes the size and hardness of the brush no longer works. 

anyone else having this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Hey, I had the same problem and searching in the forums I found this. Now is working again. Hope it helps you too.

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it works foe me with my Macom pen when I brint the pen close to the tablet but does not work if I touch the pen to the tablet. Using the mouse it works without any problems.  I use wibdows and have turn off  Windows Right Click and Hold.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is still not working,  I updated the Wacom driver ~ I have the same settings in my windows settings as well.  I instead get the color wheel eye dropper HUD instead.

Please Help, the brush size HUD saves so much time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I had the same problem and searching in the forums I found this. Now is working again. Hope it helps you too.

1. Create a file that contains instructions to revert to the WinTab functionality.

2. Create a text file in a text editor such as Notepad.

Type in the following lines:

# Use WinTab

UseSystemStylus 0

3. Save the file as a plain text file named PSUserConfig.txt

4. Put (copy) the file into the Photoshop settings folder: C:\Users\[User Name]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015\Adobe Photoshop CC 2015 Settings\

5. Restart Photoshop and check the pen pressure and overall performance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you,  this worked perfectly

Wish tech support was as this easy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2017 Nov 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this solution as well and it still doesn't work 😕

Using a Wacom 27QHD if that matters....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2017 Dec 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey ! I got the same problem and gustavov's answer is correct and work really well ! The only thing he didn't mention, for those who can't find the AppData files, is to check the Hidden items box, in the view section of Windows explorer.

Hope it will help you !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked like a charm for me!

(Using Wacom Intuos Pro Medium)

Thanks a lot!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks alot ! worked perfectly for me !!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2017 Dec 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Big Thanks! I went nuts, but this solution worked perfectly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[cursing removed] YES!. please, someone ask adobe to hire decent developers. lately PS is [cursing removed]. getting really tired of hacking with instructions like these to get things working again. drives me nuts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Esto funciona! Gracias gustavov56104222.

Hope the adobe engineers take note.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

His solution is working for Adobe CC 2017 Thanks alot man
gustavov56104222.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2018 Mar 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks you ,

This worked for me..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2018 Mar 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[removed]

Thanks so much, this was so so so helpful and worked instantly.

Really appreciated.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2018 Apr 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much ! =D been struggling with this for ages !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I am hitting a problem that the pen intermittently treat the tap as a drag action in photoshop instead of a click, although I am not sure how is that related to the topic in this thread, but the trick fixes it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 2020 - still the same, but the solution works fine. Also had to apply this with 2019, but now I thought it would be worth a mention.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2020 Jul 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, works for brush, BUT it screwes up my lasso tool! Previously, when you hold down Alt while drawing with lasso it converted to polygonal lasso which is REALLY handy. Now after the brush fix this feature doesn't exist.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2018 Apr 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you get the solution?

i have been suffering from the same problem

tell me solution if you have got !

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem as well.. I have an Intuos Pro and I've done everything trying to fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same error here. Using Yiynova 19U. Alt-right drag functions no longer work after the last big windows update. I'm very familiar with the PSUserConfig.txt fix. This has worked in the past, but not this time.

Any other solutions out there?

Not being snarky, but I need to ask.....

Adobe, can you replicate this error? Is this a known bug or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure this error is related to the recent Windows 10 creators update and Windows Ink. I have two different PC's with Wacom devices and as soon as the new windows updates were installed, the shorcut stopped working, even in Photoshop CC 2017.

I had previously fixed it by disabling windows Ink in the Wacom properties program, but this was before the creators update and that fix no longer works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 02, 2017 Dec 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes definitely Window 10 update which I installed 2 nights ago.  It's the only thing that changed for me and stopped the brush resizing immediately.  Fortunately the PSUserConfig fix worked for me (using Intuos Pro PTH-451).  Suggest that Adobe need to find out whats conflicting in the new Windows update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines