• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

an icon looking like a compass needle appears and rotates my canvas without me doing i. How to turn

New Here ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photoshop was upgraded and now  when I work on my canvas an icon appears and it suddenly rotates or zooms in ans out or moves whitout my doing. I assume I need to turn off some funtion? this has happened before when an upgrade occurrs. Please advise. The icon looks like a compass needle

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 18, 2021 May 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would seem to be the Rotate View Tool. 

Hitting esc should reset the View. 

»whitout my doing«

Could you be inadvertently touching the trackpad or tablet? 

Does unchecking Photoshop > Preferences > Tools > Enable Gestures make a difference? 

Turning off »Use Graphics Processor« in the Performance Preferences (Photoshop > Preferences > Performance > Graphic Processor Settings) and restarting Photoshop might provide a brute work-around … 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, thank you.

Now I have anither problem, None of my tools work. Only the hand tool appears and nothing happens!!!

Please advise as soon as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your spacebar stuck ?

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it is not a hardware issue and restarting does not alleviate the issue then Restoring Preferences after making sure all customized presets like Actions, Patterns, Brushes etc. have been saved might be a good starting point to trouble-shoot:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preferences.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I very much think that one of your keys is Stuck, a space bar to be exact.

Also make sure the hotkeys function is not activated, on Windows machine it's the Alt Key it could as well be stuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines