• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated GIF, can't use Adobe Media Encoder

Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to gifs so bare with me.  Everything i've searched on how to render this as a video file to play on quicktime to play the gif isn't working.  I don't have the option to render the timeline as a video, nor can I use the media encoder to make it into a video file.  I'm not sure if I need to change my preferences or what.  I previously somehow did it with an old file, but I have no idea how.  Rendering the image sequence just saves a bunch of the layers into my folder.  So I'm kind of stumped on what to do here?  I'd prefer it to be in a video type format for a presentation.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Because of Apple switching from Intel Chips to Apple  Silicon Chips the applications were created for them to run faster.  Adobe and others are apparently trying to switch applications so they can run right with all the right features available, or to switch to run an application in Rosetta, as opposed to the default.  I had to go into my system and look at the applications for MacBook Pro 2020, it will list next to them what they're running as- my photoshop was running as Universal rather than

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2021 Apr 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export Save for Web Saving an Animated gif would not use Adobe Media Encoder. Export Render Video would but that would not save a animated Gif. I would not be able to save a Quicktime video for I do not install Quicktime on my Windows machine. I can render an MP4 though. It takes Photoshop 22.3.1 a long time to open the render video dialog though. I thought Photoshop may have hung.

Capture.jpg

If I convert the Frame Animation to a video Time Line.  Export Render Video Dialog open right away.

image.png

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have the option to render it as a video though, I only have render as image sequence.  Like the button doesn't even exist for me.  I have the most recent version of photoshop besides the update posted yesterday.  So i'm not sure because I feel like I should have the button on my version unless I created the original timeline/gif sequence wrong from the beginning?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please excuse the nitpicking but why did you write 

Ā»the most recent version of photoshop besides the update posted yesterday.Ā«

instead of the meaningful and also shorter Ā»Photoshop 22.3.0Ā«? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because I'm at work and didn't bother to look up the exact specific name for the version?  I want help and and am wondering why the latest version that my company pays for doesn't have the option for me to do something that everyone else's seems to be able to do?  I'm not really going to remember the exact numbered version and sorry I didn't go back through my settings to put it down in my response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would user here or Adobe know what version you company is using. User here do not work for Adobe and Adobe does not know how many bugs they have released or where they are,  If you want help you need to supply information the can help other suggest what you may be able to do to solver your problem.  Users here can not fix adobe code and we also do not know where all the Photoshop issues are.  All version of Photoshop have bugs Adobe normally fixes sever bugs however all bugs are not fixed.  There are bugs in CS2  photoshop version 9 that  are still in PS 2021 photoshop version 22. These bugs are not in area all user use.  Most users are never bitten by the bugs the are nor fixed be Adobe.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, if I say latest version, and you guys are people who help others all the time, and remember the numbers to every version, my assumption is I probably don't have to give those exact numbers, because you'll probably know what I'm talking about.  My apologies.  It's fine though, because I figured out the issue due to some extensive research.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2021 Apr 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the interest of potential others experiencing the same issue it would be nice of you to reveal your solution. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For example the issue in this post seems similar to yours, so your solution might help someone else: 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop/photoshop-22-3-1-has-no-option-to-render-to-video/td-p/1196...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because of Apple switching from Intel Chips to Apple  Silicon Chips the applications were created for them to run faster.  Adobe and others are apparently trying to switch applications so they can run right with all the right features available, or to switch to run an application in Rosetta, as opposed to the default.  I had to go into my system and look at the applications for MacBook Pro 2020, it will list next to them what they're running as- my photoshop was running as Universal rather than Intel.  Since Big Sure 11.2.3 (which is what I believe a MacBook Pro 2020 comes with) already has Rosetta installed on here, it's fairly easy.  So I had to exit photoshop, right click on the actual application icon for photoshop in its folder, then click get info, in that there is an option to Run in Rosetta, check that, then restart photoshop. The option to Render video comes back along with a few other features.  Apparently it's a fairly new problem and Adobe is updating photoshop to fix it. It will make photoshop run slower though.  I had to ask support to tell me how to switch it because it wasn't like readily available info how to switch it.  I've never owned a Mac before, so I've never had a problem like this before where an application doesn't have buttons because Apple changed their chips.  I will also comment on that persons post to tell them.

Here is a link that explains it more 

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-for-apple-silicon.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure Steve is smiling in his grave and is enjoying the roller coaster ride Apple is providing for their users with all its ups and downs twist and turns.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. Just got a new imac M1 2021, downloaded photoshop to the new machine, preferences reset, latest adobe cloud version and STILL greyed out Media Ecoder option. Opened the Get Info box as suggested and no option there to launch PS in Rosetta... wow. Just wow. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To update briefly I got in touch with Adobe support and tada.., its working fine now. In macOS open Applications folder / adobe photoshop / right click on the photoshop icon / scroll to "Get Info" / then check the box "Open in Rosetta". Voila.

Their online help took about 60 seconds to answer the ticket btw. Figured that was pretty fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines