• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Anything I type comes out as glyphs

New Here ,
Jul 17, 2021 Jul 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of the designs I make include text, and I have an abundance of fonts I have purchased that contain glyphs on certain characters for swirls and flourishes. At some point in the past month, photoshop will no longer let me use the regular characters in those fonts, anything I type comes out as a glyph. I can use fonts that don't contain glyphs and everything comes out normal, but as soon as I change the font the characters change. Even if I open the glyph panel and click on a regular character, it changes it to a glyph. I have updated, uninstalled and reinstalled, changed the type setting to turn glyphs off entirely...nothing is working, and it has made photoshop completely useless to me. Has anyone else experienced this, any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you reset the photoshop preferences by going to Edit>Preferences>General, clicking on Reset Preferences On Ouit, then restsrting photoshop?

Screenshot-(196).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Shelle Witom 

With your text selected, go to Type menu > OpenType and uncheck anything that doesn't belong. Keep Standard Ligatures. Show a screen shot if you are not sure. (Use the Insert image button: mountain and sun.)

janee_0-1626552413662.png

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines