Apply a Photoshop brush on an Illustrator lineart

New Here ,
May 19, 2021 May 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys!

Do you know if it is possible to apply a brush on a lineart artwork created in Adobe Illustrator? My intention is to 'paste' an artwork created in Illustrator and apply a brush on the lineart. Let's say that I have created an artwork with a 1pt stroke in Illustrator and I would like to apply on that stroke a Photoshop brush.

I know it's posibble in Photoshop to apply a brush on a path created within Photoshop but here the intention is to import a whole lineart from Illustrator and apply a Photoshop brush. Do you know how to do it? Your help is much appreciated!

Thank you very much in advance for giving me a hand on this!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI creates vector artwork and vector files. Vector file place into Photoshop as vector smart objects layers. Photoshop tools can not change a Smart object layer Pixels. If you Open the smart Object it will open in AI not Photoshop.  So you have two choices rasterize the smart object layer  loose your vector Art, Or add a empty layer above the smart object layer and paint over  the vector art make it a composite of two layers

JJMack

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I can understand your question then the only workflow I can think of at the moment is:

• Import/paste artwork in Photoshop.
  • The next step is to cretae selection from transparency using Ctrl + click on layers thumbnail.
  • Third step is to create vector path from selection.
  • Fouth step is to create blank new layer.
  • Fifth step is to stroke path on separate layer that can be moved and below layer with artwork.

Ooops, I just re-read your entire question. Ignore above suggestion. 

Did you tried to import brush into Illustrator if you want to use it for Illustrator work. You can create brush from pixel based object in Illustrator from what I can remember.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines