Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

arrow keys as keyboard shortcuts for timeline

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I just got a new computer. I'm used to working with a MacBook, but now I have a new laptop running Windows. 

Somehow, I can't use the arrow keys to navigate the timeline in Photoshop. I've enabled keyboard shortcuts for the timeline, but when I try to add a custom shortcut using the arrow keys "the pressed key can not be used as a shortcut". This was never a problem on my mac, but I don't know if it has anything to do with the OS of my new laptop...?

Maybe the problem is with my keyboard itself? I have a nordic keyboard. Tho the arrow keys are in the same spot as any other keyboard... In any other app, my arrow keys work just fine...

Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance!

Jirte

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not know if there are any arrow key shortcuts for TimelinesVideo or Frames panel.  I see no shortcut set for the possible shortcuts in the edit keyboard shortcut Panel Menu for Timelines Frames and Video. None are set by default. On Adobe website I see no shortcuts listed for video panel  and no Arrow Key shortcuts for frame animation panel.   In CS6 in a Video Timeline I see I can move the Play head with the arrow keys but not newer version of Photoshop.  In all versions of Photoshop the arrow keys will nudge layer with the move too active weather there is timeline or not. Perhaps Adobe  remove the arrow key play head shortcuts because user were nudging layers when the wanted to nudge the play head  layers moves instead because the move tool was active. 

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm I am having the exact same problem with an ASDF keyboard on Mac OS Big Sur 11.3.1 Adobe Photoshop 22.4.1

When I try to assign custom keys it says they must include command and/or and F-key but it is not recognising F-keys at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I can't seem to edit the post above. I've discovered that there's some kind of bug when you create a new layer at 00:00 that disables the shortcuts. Simply create a new layer anywhere on the timeline but 00:00 and they work. Please fix this Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You sure you have enabled "Enable Timeline Shortcut Keys" in the timeline panel itself? That should solve it. Otherwise it might be your keyboard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines