• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Assigning F1 as an action

Community Beginner ,
Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm trying to assign F1 as an action, but it does not come up as available? All the other F keys can be used for actions except that one. I can also assign F1 as a keyboard shortcut, just not an action. Is there any reason for this, and is there possibly a workaround I can use to set F1 as an action somehow?

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 15, 2021 Jul 15, 2021

Not sure if this is the best solution, however, it is a solution...

Scripts can run an action:

Run Action.jsx

Photoshop – Scripting Actions?

Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

And custom keyboard shortcuts can be applied to a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if this is the best solution, however, it is a solution...

Scripts can run an action:

Run Action.jsx

Photoshop – Scripting Actions?

Downloading and Installing Adobe Scripts

And custom keyboard shortcuts can be applied to a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't test before my previous reply, however, this screenshot shows what happened when I did try to apply F1 as an action keyboard shortcut:

F1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think the issue is Windows-specific, since my Mac lets me assign the F1 key just fine. The F1 key just isn't an option at all on my Windows computer:

Untitled-1.jpg

So just to clarify in the script, would I just be replacing actionName and actionSet with whatever names I have, and then assigning that script to keyboard shortcut F1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should be that easy!

You don't need the .atn extension on the action set, but otherwise the exact spelling and case sensitivity should be the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2021 Jul 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thank you!! It works pretty much the way you said, except the only thing is that when I execute the script it works ok, but then these windows pop-up right after. I can close them and that's fine, but I plan on using this action a lot and I'd rather not have to exit out of these windows all the time.

2.jpg1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait nevermind! I named something incorrectly and it works now, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, F1 is pretty much the universal button for "Help." So that is most likely why Adobe doesn't let you use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rewriting in binaries of .atn file the shortcut to F1 doesn't help. It's not displayed on loaded action.

btw r-bin, I wanted to suggest your script, but after forum transition it needs to be corrected.

I tried to do it on my own, but for some reason though it proceeds, the error occurs:

How to stop recording state with JSX code?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, probably you need to replace data with data[i] in the loop as usual. I have corrected the code.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow! I'm stupid, I changed that to data[0][i] 🙂 btw, is that okey:  var l3 = (len ) & 0xFF;

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well yes. This is the least significant byte. No shift required.

Brackets for beauty, or I forgot to remove when copying lines. : )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You deserved the gift - check the PM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines