• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Background textures for creating own cards

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved from PS elements to Adobe Photoshop 2021 and found there are no pre-loaded textures for backgrounds.

I have tried to download the freebies from Adobe but they are such low resolution they pixelate as soon as I enlarge them

Any help as to where I can find some downloadable and usable textures for backgrounds would be helpful

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I was referring to preset textures/backgrounds that I've used in Elements. It would appear I have to create my own in PS 2021. Elements had a variety of different colours, subjects useful as backgrounds especially for creating gift cards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

www.unsplash.com
search: texture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you still have a copy of photoshop elements installed you can find the fullsize Backgrounds in either

(substitute your version number)

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\11.0\Photo Creations\backgrounds

or

C:\ProgramData\Adobe\Photoshop Elements\19.0\Required\Postables\Backgrounds

textures  in

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Required\quickEdit\textures

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Presets\Textures

Mac locations

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/19.0/Required/Postables/Backgrounds

/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Photoshop Elements/11.0/Photo Creations/backgrounds

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/Adobe Photoshop Elements Editor.app/Contents/Required/quickEdit/textures

/Applications/Adobe Photoshop Elements 2021/Support Files/Presets/textures

Also in photoshop under Window>Patterns and load Legacy Patterns and More from the flyout menu.

Screenshot-(133).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ruth, if you have a smart phone, then do you use the Adobe Capture app?  It has a very cool pattern generation tool.  You can generate patterns from the world around you, and save them to CC Libraries. 

You can go straight to @2:40 for patterns, but it has other great features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines