• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

BASIC PHOTOSHOP LAYERS

New Here ,
Jun 22, 2021 Jun 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sure this is so basic and many of you will roll your eyes when you see this (and rightfully so!) but i am wondering if someone can tell me how to make background textures like this.  I do live streaming sports and would like to up my graphics game with Photoshop and just looking for basic building blocks like how is this kind of texture made?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean texture on blue background? It is design element placed on layer above blue background with lowered Opacity of texture layer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As Bojan has hinted, there is a lot going on there.  My preferred method of producing noise is Camera RAW > Grain.  It does not have as much control as it used to, but still does a decent job.  When adding effects like this you should always start by making the layer a Smart Object.  This lets you make as many adjustments as you like without degrading the image.

image.png

I went heavy on the grain so it would show better.  I've also filled half of the SO mask to show a before and after.  

Note you can double click the Camera RAW efect under the layer to fine tune, and do the same with as many effects as you want to add to the SO layer, and all of them are non-destructive.

image.png

When making angled objects, it is usually easier to create them perpendicular to the document boundary, and rotate them when done

image.png

The easiest way to make it fade into the blue background is to reduce layer opacity.  This is at 10%

image.png

The trick with anything like this is to keep all of the layers, but group them, or combine some into Smart Objects to keep things tidy and organised.  Name your layers and groups, but if you forget, you can hover the curser over an object and right click which will show you all of the layers under that position.

Someone is going to tell you that Illustrator is better for making geometric designs, and they'd be right, but if you have Photoshop via the $10 photography plan, it is going to cost you >$20 each for Photoshhop and Illustrator, so you end up paying a lot of money for the entire CC suite.  Photoshop just takes a wee bit longer, but it is totally doable.

BTW  Never feel shy to ask questions.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines